Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
MY00 2.5RS STM Coupe
115 Posts
Damn, I was supposed to be in Reno tomorrow for a business meeting over the weekend but opted not to go. I'd love to take a look at this, if it was a reasonable price to fix I'd pick it up quick... I'll get back to ya tho, taxes are comin but I have a wedding to finance in March so we'll see where that leaves me.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn, I was supposed to be in Reno tomorrow for a business meeting over the weekend but opted not to go. I'd love to take a look at this, if it was a reasonable price to fix I'd pick it up quick... I'll get back to ya tho, taxes are comin but I have a wedding to finance in March so we'll see where that leaves me.
That's too bad you won't be in town, hopefully you can come take a look another time.

I really can't imagine that it would be an expensive fix, but even so I already dropped it from $11k to $8k just because of the POTENTIAL that it might cost more than I expect. The shop I had it at checked the big stuff (compression, leak down, injectors, timing, etc) but I couldn't afford to keep paying shop fees for diagnostics.

Whoever picks this up is getting a great deal. If I wasn't a poor college student taking a whole lot of engineering credits there's no way I'd get rid of it haha.

Congratulations and good luck with the wedding! Let me know next time you're in town.

--Alex

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish this was head ache free. Having a tough time finding another decent RS on the west coast...
Yeah I hear you. I wouldn't mind the challenge but I have exactly zero time and money to dedicate to it.

It's really a great car though, and the hard parts are done for you. A nice paint job and get this issue cleared up and you've got yourself a rust free, built RS that can DD at whatever PSI you want to run. Well withi reason haha. I was planning on tuning it at around 15 PSI. Either way it's built right to handle it.

Let me know if you'd like to see her!

·
Registered
00 Impreza RS
56 Posts
Nice project....not to sound like a dick, but if it might be the spark plugs. Would throwning a cheap set in really quick eliminate if that was the problem?
I'm always a little hesitant on miystery electrical problems. I see enough of my Harley customers chase them down for ever.

free bump too

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice project....not to sound like a dick, but if it might be the spark plugs. Would throwning a cheap set in really quick eliminate if that was the problem?
I'm always a little hesitant on miystery electrical problems. I see enough of my Harley customers chase them down for ever.

free bump too
Yeah I hear you, I'm trying to find time to do just that but with 17 engineering credits squeezing in time on my project isn't at the top of my to do list at the moment and I can't pay a shop $70/hour to do it for me.

I'm pretty darn sure it's not a mystery electrical problem, seeing as how it's an unmolested harness and it was running peachy before though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Great looking car bro. If it was a bit closer to Oregon I would consider it. Was wondering about those STi seats you're rocking. Did that rear one fit in perfectly? And you also mentioned a 2002 dash. What does it take to get one of those to fit in it. Again, car looks great. Nice job

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The rear one isn't a PERFECT fit, but it's really close of you do it right. The hardest part is since it has the pass through you have to modify the carpet and board between the trunk and the seat.

As far as the dash swap goes, you have to do a bit of electric work to make sure the right plugs are there for the cluster, AC, etc. you also have to cut a new hole in the firewall for the new placement of the heater core. Most people seal up the old hole as well. There are lots of write ups about it around from people who've done it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts