·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put Hawaii, but i'm located in Guam. 96915
2001 RS Coupe

in order of importance:
02-03 Bugeye WRX 3 piece front lip (complete)
Dome light switch button/tab
Door Lock Timer
Passenger Lock Actuator & Bars
Rear C-pillars Left & Right

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking for everything mentioned still as well as a 98-01 clock spring/ roll connector, OEM keyless entry wiring harness

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
If you have an 01 transmission you do not need that spring. It is not needed.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, i always assumed it helped remove all the slop because its on the parts diagram. I know its not necessary but does it really stiffen the shifter? I just finished changing my shifter joint and noticed the spring was never there

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
643 Posts
I don't think it helps stiffen the shifter.
What have you replaced on the shifter to stiffen it up besides the new joint?
You may consider replacing parts 10, 18, & 25 if you haven't yet.
I replaced 18 & 25 with Kartboy bushings along with the upgraded TiC shift joint and they definitely helped firm up the shifter. Very little slop now, shifting is fun!

·
Registered
'01 RS '06 WRX swapped
297 Posts
Oh, i always assumed it helped remove all the slop because its on the parts diagram. I know its not necessary but does it really stiffen the shifter? I just finished changing my shifter joint and noticed the spring was never there
It is used to return the shifter to center on older models that didn't have it in the transmission. They moved the part inside the transmission but didn't change anything outside except removing the spring. Really won't improve anything if you put it on. If you do get the TiC linkage it is from a GD and wont have the tab on it for the spring anyway.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Go to a dealer, the spring is cheap. I replaced all my shifter pivot joint, spring, all the bolts, and got an sti rear mount with new oem stuff for cheaper than the kartboy joint.

·
Registered
2001 2.5RS Coupe
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't think it helps stiffen the shifter.
What have you replaced on the shifter to stiffen it up besides the new joint?
You may consider replacing parts 10, 18, & 25 if you haven't yet.
I replaced 18 & 25 with Kartboy bushings along with the upgraded TiC shift joint and they definitely helped firm up the shifter. Very little slop now, shifting is fun!
Lol im already satisfied with my current shifting since the change but i freaked out that i was missing a part. By slop i shouldve meant the neutral play.

It is used to return the shifter to center on older models that didn't have it in the transmission. They moved the part inside the transmission but didn't change anything outside except removing the spring. Really won't improve anything if you put it on. If you do get the TiC linkage it is from a GD and wont have the tab on it for the spring anyway.
Damn im so confused because it looks to be on the parts diagram and many DIY's ive read over. And i flip my **** if somethings missing! Especially because i have the only 1st gen RS coupe out here for hundreds of square miles.

Go to a dealer, the spring is cheap. I replaced all my shifter pivot joint, spring, all the bolts, and got an sti rear mount with new oem stuff for cheaper than the kartboy joint.
My dealer charges two arms, two legs and a unicorn, im located on an island in the pacific and not gonma pay $9 for the price of shipping for it BNIB online
Damn ill look into that combo too! Thanks!

Thanks for the info guys! I got more help on my WTB thread than any Newbie FAQ thread lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts