Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found a 2000 rs for sale that i'm having my auto broker check out for me. it has just under 73,000 miles on it and the dealer is asking $12,995. since my broker does this for a living i'm guessing she can get me a good deal on it. does this advertised price sound too high/low? what kind of maintenance is required at this mileage? should i be looking for a replaced timing belt, fluids, brakes?

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
You could probably get about 10% off the price, I was selling mine with 49k miles for $12k flat.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
that is kinda high, that is about 21,000 miles per year. gee, i only have 29,000 miles on my 2000, but i don't drive far. check out www.kbb.com see what kind of prices show up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply. i checked the book value which is around 13k. the car sold though so i'll just keep looking.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ok since we helped you... now return the favor and help James

Do you like white? Well now you do! Want bullet proof Trany? buy and Auto... oh wait James has an Auto...

SOLD!

J/k well good like I've talk to people in my area (Philadelphia, PA) and they got a 2000-2001 RS for 13k and that was last year....

Maintance wise... there really isn't much to replace... but I would do the whole shabang! All Fuilds ALL Belts and Filters... ESP Gas! ok enjoy your hunt

·
Audi Fondler
2000 Silverish 2.5rs Sedan
3,251 Posts
That price seems high still for the mileage. Blue book usually gives what it would be for trade-in... and that's if it's in perfect condition... if someone's selling for cash... it should be less... no taxes etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts