Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this RS from a local here about a month ago. He has done a lot of WRX swap items into the car. WRX seats, front and rear. WRX floor mats. WRX struts...

So, I am getting ready to make all the standard handling swaps, and find myself face to face with some 18"x7.5" +48 Kosei wheels, and I am drooling hard core. But, to be honest, this car needs to be lowered, because it looks like its setup for some serious fire road action.

My question is this. I don't seem to remember the RS coupe being such a high ground clearance vehicle, are the WRX struts the cause of this? Can I put drop springs on these struts, or will I need to buy some AGX ones to get my ride height under control?

And finally - will I need to switch to coilovers to avoid the dreaded suspension rub when running 225/40/18s?

Picture for visual reference - lifted RS coupe...

-Danny

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
the 02-05 impreza struts are longer than the GC ones. springs may help but wont be as effective as using the correct struts.

·
Registered
02 GD6
2,056 Posts
yeah, the wrx struts are pretty much the source of all your problems, and problems you are yet to discover (try getting it aligned...).

i would get GC struts. the wrx struts arent even worth the trouble, they are far from anything special.

·
Registered
Steel Grey WRX Limited
3,043 Posts
lemme know if you end up selling them. i need some for the wifes fozzy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts