Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
00 RSTi, 90 Miata, 71 240z
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's going on everybody,

I'm moving to the next stage of my build and my V6 Ej207 from a 99 WRX RA is for sale and I also have the iWire harness that was merged to work on MY00 RS, so it should be plug and play for all 98-01 RS's.
Only reason for pulling is to move back the NA engine for stage rally

I got the cluster when I got the engine and the VIN plate showing the engine code. The cluster shows 86,000 kilometers and they did a compression test for me on site and I've put around 5k on it since.

I've changed the timing belt and plugs/wires but that's all I've done to it. It has a HKS BOV which came with it and I never got around to getting the BPV to work, but I can include it with the engine.

Looking for around $1300 for the engine and $450 for the harness, but I am open to offers since I don't want it taking up space.

Items included if you buy it all
GC8 Turbo Crossmember
Front GC8 Sway bar
Modified Downpipe
Ebay Catback Exhuast
Modified Radiator
WRX BPV

$1750 Picked up and you get everything needed for a drop in turbo swap!

Other Items:
Complete set of RS seats that are in good shape $100
Two RS steering wheels with airbags $20
Cruise control box $free
Airbag controller $ free

Those are just OBO, just want someone to use them rather than just junking them

·
Registered
98 2.5rs
105 Posts
i think he meant thats pretty amazing that youre willing to pull a full FI setup to go back to NA.

Hell of a lot of work.

Good luck with the sale, setup looks great.

Random question, did you use the stock RS 5 speed or did you have the tranny from the wrx also?

·
Registered
00 RSTi, 90 Miata, 71 240z
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think he meant thats pretty amazing that youre willing to pull a full FI setup to go back to NA.

Hell of a lot of work.

Good luck with the sale, setup looks great.

Random question, did you use the stock RS 5 speed or did you have the tranny from the wrx also?
Thanks!

The swap wasn't too bad, but I get what you mean and actually the transmission was the entire reason for the swap.

I only wanted the 4.44 RA 5 speed and diff, but he wouldn't let it go alone and it was a pretty good deal. I never planned on doing the swap, but then I pulled the stock engine to rebuild it and this was just sitting in my garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts