Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know what i want to do yet but i know if i swapp it its gonna cost me more i was thinjking about a na rebuild cuz the car is all highway and runs like new. wiesco pistons delta cams borlas n1 cat back injen intake ecu port and polish and some bigger valves what do u think what would be cheaper also? and what does any1 think about hp oil pumps do they make a differance and if i rebuild it do i have to do my bottom end also?

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
umm if the car runs like new why do anything??

if you want more power the route u go depends on your goals, and your budget. If you're just looking for a little bit more kick just get the delta regrinds and some engine management......and a few bolt ons (headers, lw flywheel, etc)...

if you want a lot more power i would go turbo....either a swap or a turbo kit.....which one of these you chose depends on a lot of things...im too lazy tonight to type it all out again so read this thread:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87547

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
If it's running like new now, just leave it alone and keep saving up money for when it actually needs work done to it. Then you'll be in a better financial situation, and that will give you more options. But don't go tearing it apart and rebuilding it just because it has a lot of miles on it unless there's some kind of serious issue that would necessitate that.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts
I'm gonna go with everyone else and tell you to leave it alone motor-wise until it conks out. I'm a big stickler for not wasting money :)

Plan your engine swap though! It never hurts to do research and have a good idea of what you want to do when the time comes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
since you are itching to build your new engine (aren`t ya!) why not getting a cheap engine and start rebuilding it to whatever specs you want. you know you will need a new or rebuilt engine relatively soon.

·
Registered
GF OBS-T, GM RS EJ20, SF EJ20
4,973 Posts
+1 save your $ until the motor dies then swap in a MAP 2.2l which will outlast the rest of the car!

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
since you are itching to build your new engine (aren`t ya!) why not getting a cheap engine and start rebuilding it to whatever specs you want. you know you will need a new or rebuilt engine relatively soon.

this is a great idea....you can pick up an ej251 for very cheap...you could even get an engine with say a spun bearing, ring failure etc....then rebuild it with some sti or forged pistons, send your heads off to Jon at delta cams and get the ~1000$ headwork package(im getting this right now)....get the engine all together and ready to go.....then start piecing together your turbo kit for it :)....this way when the engine does finally go pop you got the new one there ready to go in!

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
were should i look 4 1 of those engines any ideas
the classifieds on here are good....also classifieds on nasioc (check the local section first)....

you can also even try craigslist and ebay....

also if you have a junkyard nearby can't hurt to look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts