Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I heard that Subaru replaces seat belts on some cars for free! My belt is frayed. My car has a salvage title because the previous owner decided to take a payout on a dumb knuckle, SO! I cannot get it for free. The stock drivers seatbelt part number is 64619FA670MU for those curious.

I found a replacement and I'm going to purchase it, but I cannot find a disassembly of the trim or...whatever I need to take apart to get it installed.

Any suggestions, dis-assemblies, or links that my google-fu has failed?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I’m also looking for the guide that gets me into the trim. Or allows me to replace the seatbelt unit without destroying non-replaceable plastic parts. (Trim!)

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok.. do I just pry on the lower trim panel? (where the seat belt disappears to.) Help me not die! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,733 Posts
I just went outside to look at my car to help you. Yup, pull trim. Go slow with a plastic prybar and if you hit a snag look for a bolt. Prtetty sure it's all clips that you're going to break. Stupid easy. If you need help I'll facetime ya.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just went outside to look at my car to help you. Yup, pull trim. Go slow with a plastic prybar and if you hit a snag look for a bolt. Prtetty sure it's all clips that you're going to break. Stupid easy. If you need help I'll facetime ya.
You are a beautiful human being. Thank you. I'll get my parts on order!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts