Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
00 rs ej205 swapped :)
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to part with my swapped rs. This is a four door stm 2000 2.5rs with an 03 ej205 engine swap. 201k miles on the body. I have owned the car for several years and has been swapped for the past five years give or take. It has been daily driver up until the past few months or so (purchased another vehicle). It has not been abused, tracked, autocrossed etc. I love this car but do not have the need or means to keep and maintain two vehicles. This is a rare care and is in in better shape than the majority of gc's still on the road and 90% of all other 14 year old vehicles. Clean title.
VIN JF1GC6758YH501702

ENGINE
EJ205 WITH JE STANDARD SIZED PISTONS AND ACL BEARINGS APPROX 35K MILES.
STI TMIC
GM BCS
K&N DROP IN PANEL FILTER
565CC DENSO INJECTORS
VF39 TURBO
XPT OTS TUNE
3" TURBOBACK EXHAUST
GRIMMSPEED UPPIPE
INDIVIA DOWNPIPE
CX RACING RADIATOR
PAINTED BLACK INTAKE MANIFOLD
THE OIL HAS BEEN RELIGIOUSLY EVERY 3500 MILES WITH ROTELLA T 5W-40

DRIVETRAIN

STOCK RS 5 SPEED ( REBUILT BY A SUBARU TECH,LOW MILEAGE (APPROXIMATELY 20K, SHIFTS PERFECTLY).
STAGE 2 PRESSURE PLATE
OEM SUBARU CLUTCH DISK (THE CARS PULLS STRONG, I HONESTLY CANNOT SAY HOW LONG A STOCK DISK WILL HOLD UP TO THIS SETUP)
LSD REAR DIFFERENTIAL

SUSPENSION/MISC

WRX WAGON FRONT SWAY BAR
WHITELINE FRONT ENDLINKS
WHITELINE STEERING RACK BUSHINGS
SHIFTER BUSHINGS
OUTRIGGER BUSHINGS
CX RACING COILOVERS
GAB FRONT STRUT TOWER BAR
[/COLOR]

INTERIOR
WRX BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
NRG QUICK RELEASE STEERING WHEEL
ALL BLACK TRIM PLUS HEADLINER

AFTERMARKET SHIFTER BOOT
AUTOMETER BOOST GAUGE
AUTOMETER OIL PRESSURE GAUGE (NEEDS TO BE HOOKED BACK UP)
GREDDY TURBO TIMER
PIONEER CD HEAD UNIT
[/COLOR]

EXTERIOR
STI STYLE HOOD SCOOP
AMBER CORNER LIGHTS
TINTED YELLOW FOGS
WINGLESS L TRUNK
FRESH PAINT ON THE FRONT BUMPER
2007 Impreza RS wheels
[/COLOR]

WIRING FOR THE SWAP PERFORMED BY ECS

THE ONLY MAJOR ISSUE WITH THE MOTOR SINCE THE SWAP HAS BEEN A BURNT EXHAUST VALVE IN CYLINDER NUMBER THREE. IT HAS BEEN FIXED WITH NO ISSUES SINCE.

I DO HAVE A TATRIX CABLE AND LOGGING CAPABILITIES IF NEEDED. THE ENGINE PARAMETERS ARE WELL WITHIN SPEC AND HEALTHY.

The following are the minor cosmetic/mechanical issues you can expect from a 14 year old vehicle. I am going to be very up front with everything that comes to mind concerning this vehicle.

The rear quarters have the usual rust spots, they are extremely small and have grown very little in the several years I have owned the vehicle. No rot. (pictures shown)

The underbody is very clean with the exception of where the previous owner had been using the front 6" to a foot of the rocker lip to jack the car up. This obviously causes no issue.

The vehicle has never been in any major collisions to my knowledge. There has been a minor collision in which caused the driver door to be replaced. This was reported through the insurance company.

A few misc small door dings/scratches. Missing a small portion of paint from drivers side lower fender (picture)

Interior
Passenger window motor is slow
The driver door lock unlocks electronically but must be locked by hand.
fm/am reception comes in weak due to a bad antenna connection.

Mechanical:

Cars needs a fuel pump controller wired in. The wires come from the ecu but are cut at the passenger side front. ECS did not have the wiring which ran to the fpc on hand. This is a relatively easy fix. Not having the fpc causes the fuel pump to continuously prime itself if the key is left in accessory mode. A fuel pump controller is included, obviously just not hooked up.

The car was swapped from auto to five speed so the abs and cruise control are inoperative.

Inner tie rod boots are torn

I love this vehicle and will hate to part with it. I have invested enough time and money into the vehicle. The vehicle pulls strong and is a blast to drive. The vehicle is at a point in which it can be turned into a track/weekend car or just a daily driver. It is a great platform for whatever you wish to do with the vehicle. Asking 7500.00 OBO

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More detail and photos added. Ive been getting a lot of inquires, most questions should be answered now within the thread.

·
Registered
99 subaru 2.5rs coupe..
10 Posts
Man where were you last year when I lived in greer sc looking for a subaru.. good looking car. Someone give it a good home. Glws man

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump.... price drop 6200.00. Clutch is starting to slip in high gear. Debating on trying to find the motivation to replace it or not

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm looking to buy if you're looking to sell, but the fact that you've been trying to sell this for almost a year is kinda alarming.
Edit: Got a response, I'll share it here for other people wondering
"The engine was built at the time of the swap, so 0 miles. I personally having dealt with modified and built motor Subaru vehicles would not purchase this vehicle to daily drive. Although I did drive the car for several years the engine now has 35k miles on it which is not low for a mildly built engine. The car drives perfectly fine and is as described in the post but I would expect to replace the block sometime down the road. That being said if you have the mechanical knowledge and finances to accomplish such tasks, it is not a problem. If your looking for a daily driver that you wont have any issues out of for a relatively longer period of time, I cant guarantee you that. This car is perfect for someone whom wants a track/weekend car and has another daily driver. This is a judgement call on your part and is exactly what I have told everyone else who inquires about daily driving the car. I would prefer to sell the vehicle to someone whom has the knowledge/ability to bring the car to its full potential as I have invested a lot of my time and will be losing a good deal of money selling the car."

1 - 19 of 19 Posts