'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
I thought this was pretty interesting, especially #15.
TopGear e-news said:No one likes an eco-militant, least of all one who hasn't got his facts straight. To mark the end of our Green Month, we tell you everything you need to debunk those green 'truths' and give you plenty of ammo to ensure you're scratched off the tofu munchers' Christmas card list once and for all.
1. According to Euro NCAP, an Audi Q7 is less harmful in a pedestrian impact than a Ford Fiesta.
2. A season of F1 racing burns less fossil fuel than a single transatlantic 747 flight.
3. The Stern Report found that cars make up less than half of all transport emissions in the UK.
4. The average British home emits 1,500kg more CO2 per year than a Ford Focus.
5. Buy local. A car carrier burns 1,756 tonnes of heavy fuel oil one way from Japan to the UK.
6. Oxford Street is the UK's most polluted street. Most of Oxford Street's length is closed to cars.
7. Like trains, cars are only efficient when they're full. A fully loaded Discovery emits less CO² per occupant than a fully loaded Smart.
8. Acid rain created from mining nickel for Prius batteries has destroyed the landscape in Sudbury, Ontario to such an extent that NASA now uses the area to test drive its latest lunar vehicles.
9. It's at least three times cheaper to drive a small diesel from London to Edinburgh than it is to take the train.
10. The average saloon car is responsible for its own kerbweight in CO2 per year. The average Brit accounts for 30 times his own body weight.
11. The UK's superminis emit three times as much C0² as its SUVs.
12. While 85 per cent of cars are recyclable by law, trains go unregulated, with much of each heading to landfill.
13. A domestic flight emits around 400g/km of CO² per passenger, four times that of a small diesel car with only the driver onboard.
14. Despite being smaller and emitting less CO² than a Toyota Prius, the Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion is not exempt from London's Congestion Charge.
15. Farting cows are responsible for 18 per cent of all greenhouse gases, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.
16. Anti-car evangelist Ken Livingstone doesn't even have a driving licence. But he does have a Prius.
17. A Land Rover Discovery has a smaller carbon footprint than a London Cab.
18. Carbon offsetting could do more harm than good. Forests north of the Tropics retain heat and actually contribute to global warming.
19. A Boeing 747 emits 400 tonnes of C0² in 24 hours. It would take 250 cars a year to achieve this.
20. Some electric cars aren't even governed by today's safety legislature. The G-Wiz being one example.