Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1998, subaru, impreza L black
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO i am thinking about buying 2 stock under the seat subs. i know i would just have to splice the wires thats no big deal i am just curious how it will sound i dont have a stock head unit. and i dont want a box i need the space in the trunk just curious if anyone has done it

· 13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
6,004 Posts
The stock sub is junk, 2 junk subs will still be junk. Any reason you don't want to just go with something in the trunk? If it's a space thing, you could get a Bazooka tube or something like that.

· Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
2,022 Posts
has any one actually swaped out the crappy speaker but kept the box and use, o i dont know say a JL sub in there. im really curious because i thought of buying the box to make it work.
its not a 8" sub in there its a tiny (cant remember the size) "sub". Wouldnt be deep enough either. Youde also need an external amp so that totally gets rid of the point. You could try a custom setup with maybe 2 6.5" woofers, 1 under each seat. that might be an idea

· Registered
2,764 Posts
its not a 8" sub in there its a tiny (cant remember the size) "sub". Wouldnt be deep enough either. Youde also need an external amp so that totally gets rid of the point. You could try a custom setup with maybe 2 6.5" woofers, 1 under each seat. that might be an idea
ahh now i understand. any way im too lazy and spent on my current set up. ill stick to my single 12. gotta love the wagons baby;). but if i get a coupe or sedan ill deff build some boxes for under the seat. pioneer makes nice shallow subs.

· Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
2,022 Posts
yeah technology is deff commin around with slim subs. Ide do a project like this with fiberglass but gotta go back to school soon, maybe ill try it this christmas. I got my Infinity basslink II 10" in the back with internal amp. Love it and saves space and removeable

· Registered
1998, subaru, impreza L black
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i want the stock sub under the seat because it takes up NO space i wont have to take it out for autocross and its CHEAP

· Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
4,307 Posts
regardless of how big or 'powerful' that stock sub is, it WILL sound like junk (even
if it sound[ed] goods to you now) because now you are throwing the ammount of power
from your stock head unit (which I believe is 24 watts max per channel so prob a 15RMS)
that it produces to power 4 speakers and 1 sub into 4 speakers and 2 subs which will
also cut down on the power of your regular speakers. Basically it will either be the same but
most likely worse since it's all being amplified by one source and now being devided by 5.

:drunk:
-Cheers!

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
take out the rear side panels (if its a two door) and install a box with a shallow 8 or 10 on both sides, there is plenty of room for the correct airspace. Then install a small class d 300 watt amp under the passenger seat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.