Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2.5rsti's WRC97 Replica Build

Welcome to my build tread for 2.5RSTi on Instagram and Facebook!

---Most Recent Photo---

---Hopeful Outcome---
Photo: Speedhunters

Please help show your support by following and liking the page, I upload daily GC/GF content and have tons of love for the community. Based in Southern California!
Instagram:
Subaru 2.5rs (GC8) (@2.5rsti) • Instagram photos and videos
Facebook:
2.5rsti - Home | Facebook

So after literally years of nonstop searching for the perfect candidate to start this build I came across this 1998 Subaru Impreza L Sedan (GC4.) It is completely stock aside from 06-07 rear seats. Now it's not the cleanest of donors to start with but it has ZERO rust and has not been in an accident so I'm pretty excited about that! The only issues I've had since purchase have been having to replace the driveshaft(now has one from an 01 2.5rs.)

-----Table of Contents-----

-Overall Pics/State of car-

1. Cars' condition when bought

-New Parts!-
1. Headlights and LEDs
2. Tail lights and LEDs

I Hope you enjoy the build process as much as I will. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. 2.5rsti on Instagram and Facebook.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Donor car as bought

As stated before this is a 1998 Subaru Impreza L (2.2L GC4.) Here are some images of the car in the state i bought it in, cleaned up of course. :)

Car was purchased from Fresno, CA and driven back to my house in Camarillo, CA (4hr mission home with a clunky driveshaft.) I only purchased the car for $1,250! :cool: That was very hard to find, especially in California.

Yes, it's currently auto. Not for long I hope! And one thing that bugs me is the tan interior pieces, guess they all gotta go. :naughty:

Front seats are a freaking mess... they will definitely have to go soon. Maybe Sparco seats to replace them??

Rear seats are from an 06-07 Impreza.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well yeah an LSTI i suppose lol. I called it a 2.5rsti because of the page I do my best to admin. Thanks for the love!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New headlights and LED's!

The first modification being done now is the Headlights and bulbs. I ordered Auxbeam LED Headlight Bulbs with work for High/Low Beam. Some modification of the rubber housing had to made for the fans to fit. (Fans are very quiet) For the main headlight bulbs and AUXITO 194 LED Light Bulb 6000K White for the corner lights. I decided to steer away from the Blacked out Headlights because I wanted to keep the car clean and simple. (less of an extremely modified look in the end) So I went with DEPO's Crystal Clear Headlight kit and I love the way they came out!

Stock
New

The LED's turned out to be very bright and i made sure they were 6000k pure white. Zero regrets here. Next in line are the JDM taillights! I will update you guys once they come in. Check out 2.5rsti on Instagram and Facebook!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i follow you on insta already, not much posted of this car though.
cant wait to see updates
Awesome to hear from one of my followers on here too! I know I haven't posted that much of my car specifically but I will do my best as I start getting more parts for it. Stay tuned and I hope you enjoy the page.

·
Registered
2000, Subaru Impreza RS, WRB
35 Posts
Yay another 4dr project! I'm following this

PS: If you're doing an STI swap/widebody feel free to message me with any questions ;) or check out my build thread, lots of infos on there

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yay another 4dr project! I'm following this

PS: If you're doing an STI swap/widebody feel free to message me with any questions ;) or check out my build thread, lots of infos on there
Hey nice for you to reach out! Love our YT channel @Swiss Tuned. Keep up the work and yes i may have questions for you in the near future!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally some JDM Tail lights for the GC!

These are Subaru OEM JDM Spec Tail lights and they look great. Replacement was easily. You just have to keep in mind that you will have to add a new sealant to prevent water/debris from getting inside your trunk.

One thing to keep in mind is that these have a much faster "blink rate" than stock USDM Tail lights. I found it pretty funny the first time i hear my blinker spazing out. I've grown to love the quick fire action of them! LOL Paired with bright new LEDs i can see my rear blinkers lgiht up the road in my mirrors and the reverse lights are extremly birhgt and visible now!

Next for the project is the brake system upgrade!

·
Registered
2000, Subaru Impreza RS, WRB
35 Posts
Looks awesome! Did you have to redo the wiring or was it a plug-and-play situation?

I have the 06 STI wiring harness in my car, which is completely different, but once I adapted the wiring the blinkers worked perfectly and at the same speed as factory.
If you wanted to get rid of the hyperblinking you could try to swap your old light bulbs into the new JDM tail lights, that way the circuit would be unchanged and the speed would most likely be normal.
Another thing that I've seen work is if you add some resistance in series with the light bulbs. However I don't know exactly how much you'd need, it is a trial and error kinda thing.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks awesome! Did you have to redo the wiring or was it a plug-and-play situation?

I have the 06 STI wiring harness in my car, which is completely different, but once I adapted the wiring the blinkers worked perfectly and at the same speed as factory.
If you wanted to get rid of the hyperblinking you could try to swap your old light bulbs into the new JDM tail lights, that way the circuit would be unchanged and the speed would most likely be normal.
Another thing that I've seen work is if you add some resistance in series with the light bulbs. However I don't know exactly how much you'd need, it is a trial and error kinda thing.
It's all good! i honestly like the hyperblinking but the info was really helpful. I appreciate the insight. I just picked up 06 WRX Calipers and hubs! along with a bunch of brake parts! Now to rrestore them before they go on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts