Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I raced a modded 2.5RS a few days ago... I would like to know what you guys think it takes to a 2.5RS to beat a Civic SI (R)?!

What is your experience againts Civic Si?! Did you win by much did you loose by much?! What mods did you have?! etc...

The 2.5RS that I raced had I/H/E ,Cobb cams, clutch/flywheel and some suspensions mods!

My bumper was at his door at the end of third (85mph). I was closing the gap SLOWLY!! I dont think I could win if we ran a complet 1/4! (I usualy trap at +92 mph)! oh yeah... I was by myself and he had a passanger...

Im here to get your imput on this...

take care!

Quick,

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
My stock MY00 RS will outrun a Civic SI until I hit 4th gear (I have an automatic 4EAT, the SI has a manual 5-speed) and then the Civic slowly pulls away. Not to mention the RS is shaped like a brick in comparison, so aerodynamics at high speeds probably slow me down. :)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'm not into street racing but for the handfull of times that I have raced an Si, I've blown them off the line but by 4th gear they are by my rear quarter panel. I just wish that some of my mid-range would move to the high-end,...and a Turbo would be nice too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
796 Posts
There is only one Honda in the city I live in that can beat me up to a little over 100 mph, and that is a turboed civic. Of course, when the curves get a little tighter that car will dissapear from my rearview too. :D :D :D

Of course, I live where the mountains are steep, so torque plays a very important factor.

·
Registered
137 Posts
xMetal-> dork :boxer:

only you would run R compounds on the street in Ohio weather with our terrible roads.
---
just playing with ya!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I raced an si that had i/h/e, the same mods I do, except, I had 3 other people, a piece of wood and a vaccuum cleaner in the car. He kinda got off the line faster reaction wise, but I beat him to 100 when I was like, yah, this is a ticket waiting to happen....and it wasn't like, oh he was gaining, I was somewhere about 4 or 5 car lengths ahead...and I have 3 other witnesses....it's a kill story to tell the grandchildren.....:rolleyes: SI's are really really slow, I've only seen one fast si and it was built with a turbo

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
What is the deal with people in their Hondas and Nissans and Toyotas putting knock-off GT-R and SiR stickers all over their cars just because they have a dash lighter special ordered from Japan? If you make those kind of claims about your car, it better be right hand drive and completely JDM. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:curse: :mad: :boxer: :stupid: :flame:

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Also, what's the deal with the 5-foot tall wings on stock civics and neons? Usually on an otherwise stock car! For a daily driver! You probably know more honda people than I do so maybe you could offer some insight?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I_H8_1.8 said:
What is the deal with people in their Hondas and Nissans and Toyotas putting knock-off GT-R and SiR stickers all over their cars just because they have a dash lighter special ordered from Japan? If you make those kind of claims about your car, it better be right hand drive and completely JDM. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:curse: :mad: :boxer: :stupid: :flame:

no he's canadian. before calling some else a ricer get your facts straight about cars, otherwise your the one being an ignorant ricer. candian SiR = U.S. spec Si.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts