Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
91 Legacy SS
234 Posts
i just ordered one for my 01 rs. hear too many good stuff about it to not check it out. look forward to seeing it and installing it.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L
315 Posts
So i got my grounding kit for my legacy gt, there wasn't a kit for it so i just went with the 2.5 rs kit being that the legacy is a 2.5l NA similiar to the rs motor. Unfortunitely the kit didn't come with directions, but did come with a little army man and a lemonhead (candy) which pretty much rocked my world. I'm gonna message the Paranoid Fab guy and i'm sure he'll get me directions via the net somehow.

Now here's where i got into a slight delima... today was to be my first day back to work and my first day driving my legacy since friday. Now i couldn't stand the fact that i had the kit and hadn't put it on yet and that i would have to drive the next day without it so i really couldn't help myself. Last night i took the kit (not made for my car) down to my garage (without directions) to see if i could manage it.

Now, i'm not sure if i picked the right grounding points (though i did look at a couple of pix with the kit in rs's) and i'm really interested in checking out the directions to see what Paranoid would have had me do differently, but let me tell ya (for those of you that do not know) my car is so much smoother! Her first gear that would jerk the crappola out of me feels 150% better! In fact all the gears feel better and smoother! This is by far the best thing for any 2.5l, if you do not have one, get one and if you have one, show Paranoid some love for helping us make our cars run the way they should.

Who would have thought that $25 could solve the only real driver's issue i had with my legacy aside from mushy shifting (which i got kartboy shift bushing for christmas so say goodbye to that soon)? Thx Paranoid Fabrications!

08 STI & 71 FJ40 & ruckus
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
man, sorry about the directions, I will PM you with the info. usualy i send the directions with your tracking number email.
either way, you got a PM :D :D
and glad it helps that car also :D :D

Shane

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L
315 Posts
Paranoid Fabrications said:
man, sorry about the directions, I will PM you with the info. usualy i send the directions with your tracking number email.
either way, you got a PM :D :D
and glad it helps that car also :D :D

Shane
Just wanted everyone to know that Paranoid did not drop the ball on this one, the directions were in my wife's email becuase she didn't want me to know that she bought this for me before Christmas. Paranoid rocks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
adrenalinesaint: +2 for you man. a fellow NA legacy owner, and you've got a woman who understands your need to wrench! sounds like you had a merry christmas :)

might have to finally pick one of these up.... i really dont have an excuse not to own a PF kit, especially since i've been thinking about it for nearly 6 months now (and the price is and has always been right)

·
Registered
1998 Impreza L
315 Posts
shocon2k said:
adrenalinesaint: +2 for you man. a fellow NA legacy owner, and you've got a woman who understands your need to wrench! sounds like you had a merry christmas :)

might have to finally pick one of these up.... i really dont have an excuse not to own a PF kit, especially since i've been thinking about it for nearly 6 months now (and the price is and has always been right)
Thx my friend! Your legacy needs this kit, my wife relinquished the WRX last night to drive the legacy around and she said it was a 150% improvement, she called me as i was following her home and said "is it just me or does this car seem to even cruise at highway speed smoother" i told her that i thought the same thing.

Also there's not a write-up about the legacy yet (only a picture requesting that someone gets pictures of key points for grounding), but i'm gonna help Paranoid get one, i actually ran the 2nd grounding point to a bracket on the transmission which seemed to work great.

Anyway, keep on showing love the NA Legacy! Life is good!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
he was just away a bit on like a vacation type break so give him a day or so he should be back sunday/monday and hit him up, trust me hes never out to screw people

141 - 160 of 906 Posts