Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
99 impreza rs 2.5 black
870 Posts
karatejoe said:
What is a grounding kit? :disappear
Still don't know what a grounding kit is and what exactly does it do.
I see everyone repling about how good it is and it takes away jerkyness but what does a grounding kit do. Sounds like somthing I could use its only $55.
Will it work on a Turbo'd RS? Thanks for any help.

08 STI & 71 FJ40 & ruckus
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Sorry I must have missed your question. From what everybody says, it can smooth out the throttle response, gets rid of some hesitation. Some people claim brighter headlights also. The kit generally smoothes out your engine.

As for your turbo RS, yes, the rs kit should fit with no issues.
Shane

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
A grounding kit basically puts more grounding points on your car to lower the resistance of electrical "flow." Something like that...someone correct me if i am wrong.

·
Registered
'05 RS,1970 AMX,1965 Austin-He
187 Posts
Paranoid Fabrications said:
which wire was short? if you let me konw the lenght you need i will get one sent out ASAP.
Sorry about that
Thanks
Shane
Let Me look at the directions again Shane, I may have screwed it up. The pic didn't match My '05 RS so I had to geuss a little. I'm pretty sure the wire from the Throttle body to the drivers side of the intake manifold was about an inch maybe two short. I made it work and did notice an improvementin the smoothness of the idle and acceleration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
oldcardude said:
...The pic didn't match My '05 RS so I had to geuss a little...
Yeah... Me, too. Since nothing is smoking/burning and both 1st and 2nd gears are smoother, I guess I'll just leave my guess work as is... :clap:

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
really? this is news to me. Does anybody in the Santa Barbar area want a free grounding kit for a 05 rs or wrx? please PM me.
Sorry about this guys. i will try to fix it.
Shane

·
Registered
11 Posts
P0122 CEL code when install grounding wires

Hi, I just installed whe Wires following the guides and when I star the car Bum! CEL P0122 . Someone with the same problem?

My car its a RS 00.

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
SergeRS said:
Hi, I just installed whe Wires following the guides and when I star the car Bum! CEL P0122 . Someone with the same problem?

My car its a RS 00.
This is the most puzzling thing i have seen. After everthing i could have thought of, and it still does this. oh, could you try installing one wire at a time and see which one causes this? If you still have problems, please let me konw, and i will give you a refund.
freaky...
Shane

·
Mobile Diagnosis Guy
97 Impreza L
5,492 Posts
hey i didnt know yous sold bulk wire. flipping sweet. even though i can get it for .38 cents a foot, i love using rs25.com vendors so i just ordered 50ft from you. rawk on!

do you sell ring terminal ends?

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
Paranoid Fabrications said:
really? this is news to me. Does anybody in the Santa Barbar area want a free grounding kit for a 05 rs or wrx? please PM me.
Sorry about this guys. i will try to fix it.
Shane
Yeah, I had to adjust a bit with my '05 OBS... But just used a couple different bolts in the end. I got the black ~ which seeing the wire core through the casing looks more like 'root beer'. But I liked it, so who cares. I just moved from SB about a year and a half ago. But, I would be willing to shoot the engine bay with your kit on (it's identical to the '05 RS) and the route I took ;)

Cheers!
MP

41 - 60 of 906 Posts