Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

361 - 380 of 906 Posts

·
Registered
2000, Impreza, 2.5 RS,
139 Posts
Got it in the mail and installed today! Car was smoothed out and felt really good. Who would have thought that grounding could do so much! Smoother revs, smoother acceleration, second gear didn't hesitate anymore and you gave me candy. Awesome period.

08 STI & 71 FJ40 & ruckus
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #363
my normal price is a deal :D when you look at the hks and other generic grounding kits they are all over the $100 price tag. mine is somewhat cheap :D

Shane

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
OK, I really hope someone can help me here...

I ordered the kit a few weeks ago and went to install it last night because I've been so busy latley. I printed off the "GC8" directions from your website but my car (98 2.5 RS) does not match up with your directions? Specifically the 2nd bolt (12mm) towards the front of the intake? I have a bolt there that looks like the 1 in your picture but it's not a 12mm (like the directions say) and it holds a little bracket. Do you have some directions for a MY98 or does anyone else with a 98 already ran into this? I really want to get this grounding kit installed tonight after work so anybody's help would be much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
2005 2.5RS Black
212 Posts
so i installed the kit in my 05 rs. i started the engine and saw the rpm around 1k and started dropping down to the first bar, let it idle, and it shut off. tried again and shut off. i warmed up the engine and its fine now (i think it needed to get used to the kit?) and now it sounds like vtec kicks in when i punch on the gas..
it only happens when i push the pedal all way down
does this happen to anyone else?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i was interested in getting one of these kits, the only problem i see is that i currently have a 4 gauge power wire running from my battery terminal to power my subs. Is this going to pose a problem for the battery or anything of that matter?

Thanks

Alex

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
so i installed the kit in my 05 rs. i started the engine and saw the rpm around 1k and started dropping down to the first bar, let it idle, and it shut off. tried again and shut off. i warmed up the engine and its fine now (i think it needed to get used to the kit?) and now it sounds like vtec kicks in when i punch on the gas..
it only happens when i push the pedal all way down
does this happen to anyone else?
Reset your ECU.

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #369
i was interested in getting one of these kits, the only problem i see is that i currently have a 4 gauge power wire running from my battery terminal to power my subs. Is this going to pose a problem for the battery or anything of that matter?

Thanks

Alex
do you have an aftermarket battery terminal? if so, just let me know the bolt size and i can make the kit to fit.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
The short version. Pull the power cable from the battery, let sit 5 minutes after pumping the brake pedal. Re-attach the power cable. Turn the key till all the lights come on in gauge pod. Turn the key off and start the car. Do not touch the gas and let it find the idle with NO air conditioning on. Allow to idle for 5 minutes... flip on air con for a few minutes and then drive...

Think of it as 'Alt-Control-Delete' for all of you still on PC's! :)

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
So I installed my "upgraded grounding kit" this evening. All seemed to go well, the car started allot faster, took it for a drive & noticed the difference but I just got back from running to the gas station & a cop pulls in behind me and says I have no tail lights? I looked & I sure didn't but the brake lights worked so I started kinda investigating and I must have done something wrong because I have no tail lights and if I flip the button on the top of the steering wheel (that usually turns on the tail & parking lights) nothing comes on at all?

Anybody know what I did wrong or ran into this problem before?

I'm going to check the fuse right now & will post if thats it but I doubt it?

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #373
hmm, well since you hooked everything up according to the directions and to the neg of the battery nothing with the rear lights can be affected. are the bulbs just burnt out? do you have brake lights? or just running lights?

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
I just checked the fuse it was blown so went to replace it with a new one and as soon as I started to put the new good fuse in, it kinda sparked a little & blew the new fuse before I could even push the fuse down in all the way???

Yes the brake lights work. The tail/driving lights keep blowing the fuse?

EDIT... And it's not the bulbs being burnt out because I'm 100% positive they were working before I installed the grounding kit.

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #375
can you take a fwe pics of your installed kit? also are all the bolts tight? i just dont get why this would do this as it has nothing to do with your lights

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
Yeah I'll take a few pics and yes all bolts are tight.

I don't get it either, it's just my luck (like usual) or I"m doing something completley wrong, I don't know. I have it installed to the same bolts that are in the pictures?

I just noticed that it keeps blowing the fuse that controls the front parking & rear tail lights. I turned everything off replaced the 10amp fuse (in the fuse box inside the car, top row 2nd from right) and as soon as I turn the lights on I can see & hear it blow the fuse. I won't be able to have the pictures up till tomorrow morning though because it's 12:30am and I need to go to bed. I'm just going to undo the kit at the battery replace the fuse (with my last good one) & wait to hear back from you tomorrow. Like I said the pictures will be up tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the help... Hopefully I'm just doing something wrong?

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
So I ended up removing all of it completley, replaced the fuse and checked everything out & all the lights worked like they should & did before I installed it. So by process of elimination, it had to do with the grounding kit some how some way. I hope I just did something wrong. I will send you the pics tomorrow morning & I'll just upload them into this thread. I hope we can figure it out because I really liked the results of having it installed.

·
Registered
2005 2.5RS Black
212 Posts
not that i dont trust you, but is this really how you do it??
are there any threads on this?
The short version. Pull the power cable from the battery, let sit 5 minutes after pumping the brake pedal. Re-attach the power cable. Turn the key till all the lights come on in gauge pod. Turn the key off and start the car. Do not touch the gas and let it find the idle with NO air conditioning on. Allow to idle for 5 minutes... flip on air con for a few minutes and then drive...

Think of it as 'Alt-Control-Delete' for all of you still on PC's! :)

·
Registered
1998 Impreza 2.5 RS
79 Posts
Shane,

I snapped allot of pictures & don't have time to upload them into photobucket, then upload onto here, so I am getting ready to send you an email with all the pictures attached. Feel free to use them for your reference in the future in need be... Here is a couple, sorry about the size. Please let me know... Thanks!

361 - 380 of 906 Posts