Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

261 - 280 of 906 Posts
08 STI & 71 FJ40 & ruckus
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
With this picture right here, where do I attach it? Do I attach it where it shows it is attached, or do I attach it where the arrow is showing?

1. Start with the wire that has the larger of the two end ring terminals, and
attach it to the bolt (see arrow)(see #1)
well, you can do either. however, the bolt to where the arrow is pointing to is a little better of an area. the reason i haven't got a new pic, is that everybody i have asked, hasn't send me one :D
sorry about that.
here is another area to attach it to (my 06 car)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did a grounding mod to multiple points with a 12 gauge wire. Did absolutely nothing to my 07 2.5i. I also measure the current flow from various grounding points to the battery -. The max flow was from the alternator to the battery terminal, only 0.025Amps, before or after the ground. No difference there.

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Did a grounding mod to multiple points with a 12 gauge wire. Did absolutely nothing to my 07 2.5i. I also measure the current flow from various grounding points to the battery -. The max flow was from the alternator to the battery terminal, only 0.025Amps, before or after the ground. No difference there.
ok, i will play, even though you are trying to crap in my thread :D

which grounding points did you try? what path did you go? also, you measured the current flow from the alt case to the battery neg?

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #265

·
Registered
34 Posts
ok, i will play, even though you are trying to crap in my thread :D

which grounding points did you try? what path did you go? also, you measured the current flow from the alt case to the battery neg?
Not trying to crap, just my feedback. I used a single 12 gauge copper wire (not brought from you) to run through:
Left fender - intake - coil pack - throttle body - right intake - alternator case - battery neg.

I used a single wire to further reduce resistance, welding the contact clips onto the wire as I route through the points above.

Yes, I measure both the resistance and current flow of all these point to the battery neg. before and after the mod. No difference was found. No measurable current was found except between alternator case and battery, 25mA. All others so small close to zero.

Your kit may do different things. Or maybe the 07 is new and well grounded.
Don't be defensive. Present facts.
Jerry

1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
thanks for your orders, just to let you konw i am heading out of town for the weekend and will ship these when i get back on tuesday.
sorry for the wait.
Shane

·
Registered
1999 ver7 coupe
504 Posts
Bump this up for a really nice product. Got my grounding kit + ground wire replacement today.

I really appreciate it when someone puts a bit of effort into putting out a really NICE product for a good price. Shane uses nice looking semi-transparent black cable, uses tons of heatshrink on the ends so it looks pro, and straps the whole thing together in a bundle so it's apparent how it's supposed to go on the car. Then he throws in a fistful of small black zipties, a sticker and a candy. For $25!

Grounding kits are one of those products that can seem dumb because you could easily make it yourself, but at the prices Shane charges you would spend more buying the parts from a store, not to mention the hassle of assembling it.

Everybody should buy one of these kits...I mean seriously, it's $25! How can you go wrong?

261 - 280 of 906 Posts