1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2.5RS Reproduction Floor Mats
* NOW AVAILABLE FOR ORDER *

See below for ordering instructions and contact information.

Acknowledgements:

Special thanks to svxcess (SVX Nation) for his work with Subaru with getting a logo release form and his prior work with the SVX reproduction floor mats, DLer for his work with the graphic design of the logo as well as other design considerations, Kyle for using his brand-new OEM set of floor mats for color matching and design considerations, jkp for lending his OEM floor mats set to be sent out for templating, and Avery's Floor Mats for working with me through (numerous) design modifications to get these as close as possible. This could not have been done without everyone's help.

Background:

The manufacturer for these floor mats is Avery's Floor Mats. They were chosen based upon prior experience with the SVX reproduction floor mats as well as the flexibility for ordering and manufacturing. There is no group buy required. Anyone can order a set at anytime and have them shipped directly to you, as Avery's has the templates and logo on file.

The premise behind this project was to reproduce the now discontinued carpeted 2.5RS floor mats (J5010FS001OE) equipped from the factory. There were two iterations of J5010FS001OE, one was a direct embroidery to the carpet and the later replacement ones with an embroidered patch sewn on. For the purposes of this reproduction, we wished to replicate the original design that the cars came with from the factory. This was due to preference for the design and the more authentic feeling it provides.

In order for Avery's to use the logo, it had to be approved by Subaru of America as they hold the copyright to the logo. As a result, permission for use of this logo was provided for this special use only by Subaru of America (SOA) for Avery's Floor Mats. SOA still retains the rights to the logo and Avery's Floor Mats is only allowed to manufacturer these floor mats, with the 2.5RS logo, for this special purpose. SOA does not endorse the product and Avery's Floor Mats is required to provide installation instructions and other product information. To summarize, Avery's Floor Mats can only use the 2.5RS logo (unfortunately not the Impreza logo, nor any other Subaru logo/branding, either), and only for the special purpose of reproducing these floor mats.

Unfortunately, these are LHD only as the floor pans are not a mirror image.

Available Floor Mats:

Charcoal

Touring Line -- Charcoal 07
Factory-templated OEM fit
Heavy 22 oz. nylon yarn
Nibbed backing*
Color-matched serged edge
Color-matched grommet
Optional drivers-side black vinyl heel pad**

MSRP: $143.40 + S/H***

Black

Grand Touring -- Black 301
Factory-templated OEM fit
Premium 28 oz. nylon yarn
Anti-slip backing
Color-matched serged edge
Color-matched grommet
Optional drivers-side black vinyl heel pad**

MSRP: $156.68 + S/H***

Cargo Mat
Also available for purchase are cargo mats. These were templated via an OEM cargo mat (J5010FS100) for quality fitment. This is best suited not as a replacement for the trunk liner, but rather to sit on top of it (as there will be minor gaps around some of the edges and corners). These are available in both Charcoal and Black.

Available with or without embroidered 2.5RS logo.

MSRP (Charcoal): $146.96 + S&H***
MSRP (Black): $162.90 + S&H***

*All nibbed-backings are being phased out to the anti-slip design. You may receive one or the other.
**Optional drivers side heel-pad has an additional $6 charge.
***Prices as of May 2021. Prices broken down include a base price for the carpeting ($99.45 for Touring, $112.68 for Grand Touring), $15.00 for the color-matched serged edge, $28.95 for logos. Subject to change, please refer to Avery's Floor Mats for an updated quote.

How to Order:

Please contact Natalie Holland at Avery's Floor Mats:

Natalie Holland
[email protected]
(636) 497-6994

Email or call to order. Email is recommended. See order details below:

Subject Line: 2.5RS Floor Mats Order -- [YOUR FULL NAME]

Please include address information in the body of your email to allow for a quicker response time in your quote.

Copy+paste order details from a box below.

You will be billed an invoice prior to shipment. PayPal is a preferred method of billing.

Charcoal
  • 4PC 1993-2001 Subaru Impreza OEM Cut Pattern
  • Touring Charcoal 07
  • 2.5RS Logo Both Fronts Placement
  • Color-matched Serged Edge
Black
  • 4PC 1993-2001 Subaru Impreza OEM Cut Pattern
  • Grand Touring Black 301
  • 2.5RS Logo Both Fronts Placement
Cargo Mat
  • 1993-2001 Subaru Impreza Cargo Mat
  • Write in here either: Grand Touring Black 301 or Touring Charcoal 07
  • 2.5RS Logo Center Placement
  • Vinyl Heel Pads are also available for an additional charge. Add a line to your order indicating that you would like to include a driver's side heel pad. See below for photos.
  • If you would like a set of floor mats without the 2.5RS embroidery, remove the line from your order and the price will be adjusted accordingly.

Any further questions can be directed to Natalie at Avery's Floor Mats -- they are awesome to work with.

No one involved with this project will receive a cent (minus the manufacturer, Averys, of course). We were doing this project as a group of enthusiasts seeking to replace our own floor mats and to provide the community with the ability to purchase their own. It has been a pleasure to work with everyone aforementioned above and I am excited to be able to allow the rest of the RS25 community get their hands on a set of these.

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am glad we are able to do this for everyone. It was a lot of hard work and dedication to get to this stage. I am very humbled by everyone who helped with this project, and the reception I have received so far. This took many months to finalize and get where we wanted, and I am pleased I can share it with everyone as well as allow everyone get a set of their own.

To note, these are available as long as Avery's is willing to sell them as they have the templates required to produce them on file. Anyone can order a set through Natalie mentioned above whenever they choose.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
421 Posts
So awesome! Thanks to everyone involved. I will definitely be ordering a set of these.

Are there any pictures of the heal pad on a black mat?

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So awesome! Thanks to everyone involved. I will definitely be ordering a set of these.

Are there any pictures of the heal pad on a black mat?
Unfortunately, I only ordered one in the charcoal grey (for reference image purposes). Here is an image of the placement inside the vehicle:

The heel pad slightly adjusted after this image, but provides a good reference point to where it will be located. Unfortunately, they are only able to provide these vinyl-style heel pads (for those of you after the fabric style, like on the OEM GD STI floor mats).

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
Wow! Thanks all. I'd assume these are a limited run, right? Best to order asap?

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! Thanks all. I'd assume these are a limited run, right? Best to order asap?
Not a limited run! Avery's is able to produce these as long as they are willing to do so. They have the necessary documentation (logo, templates, etc.) on file to produce individual orders at their factory. No group buy necessary. This is like any other singular order from a website.

The only caveat is that they have to be ordered via Email (or phone, but email is much preferred to reduce confusion) as they are unable to update their website to allow for ordering with the logo. It is significantly easier to place an order through Natalie with the pre-filled out order details that I have compiled above.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,248 Posts
sick! I ordered a set of black floor mats and cargo mat, with all the trimmings. I'm really excited to dump the holey stock ones.

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Further Cargo Mat fitment photos. Fitment is identical to the OEM option that went discontinued ~2005 (which is what I was able to trace for the template). I am very happy to be able to have a quality trunk mat now.

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
168 Posts
(Silverbullet_RS ) deserves so much credit for the effort he put into this project . He is a perfectionist, and was not satisfied until the logo was exact, the colors a match. He had to hunt down samples of the original mats , ship those samples to Avery , obtain from Subaru permission to reproduce the logo, and more. Thanks Silverbullet

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I appreciate all the support. I am excited to see photos once everyone begins to receive their orders. I have been told we are upwards over 30 total orders now, which is very impressive. I am glad everyone is able to get a set of their own.

I have compiled some more photos from the documenting process. Feel free to have a look at some of the work that went into this:.

Carpet Color Matching:

Tracing for the Cargo Mat:

Comparison shots of OEM and Reproduction (older revision):

Grommet and Serged Edge Comparison:

Nibbed Backing (currently being phased out to Antislip):

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is really good work! I remember being pretty bummed when cleaning my floor mats didn't really improve them much and I couldn't find aftermarket options that I liked. Big upgrade for my currently very religious floor mats.

·
Registered
2001 RS coupe.
481 Posts
This is amazing work. Thank all of you so much, I'm so happy the community can come together and keep pieces like this alive.

I'll be ordering my set tonight.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
I haven’t said “I love you” on this forum in a long time! I love you!

·
Registered
2002 Impreza 2.5rs
64 Posts
Are they being made for the gd models also or are they exactly the same cause my Rs floor mats are toast

·
Registered
'01 2.5RS STM Sedan
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Are they being made for the gd models also or are they exactly the same cause my Rs floor mats are toast
These are only confirmed for GC fitment. I did analyze the difference between GD and GC floor mats during this and can provide a few comparison photos if that helps.

As noted, the template is different between GC and GD. The logo is different as well.

It has been shown that GD floor mats do fit in GC chassis, but I do not have the personal experience to recommend them as interchangeable.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts