30 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
P1133 is the code. I'm thinking the leak is causing the code to apear

·
Registered
2000 Subaru 2.5RS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ok I replaced the exhaust gaskets. Engine ran smoothly all codes never came back. It started knocking and now it won't Crank over. I'm most certain it now needs a new motor... This is sucks so bad right now.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5RS "RuSTI"
85 Posts
Ok I replaced the exhaust gaskets. Engine ran smoothly all codes never came back. It started knocking and now it won't Crank over. I'm most certain it now needs a new motor... This is sucks so bad right now.
That's rough dude, try getting a ratchet and socket on the crank pulley and see if you can turn it over.

I feel that pain though, I just pulled an engine and threw everything short of rod bearings and crank bearings at it only for it to spin a bearing and lock up on the first drive.

·
Registered
2000 Subaru 2.5RS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yea it sucks really bad. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. What size is the Crank pulley? Also i found a motor for $795 basically $800 with 80K miles on it. Tested and everything. I'll probably get that and swap it out.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5RS "RuSTI"
85 Posts
Yea it sucks really bad. I'm going to check it out tomorrow morning. What size is the Crank pulley? Also i found a motor for $795 basically $800 with 80K miles on it. Tested and everything. I'll probably get that and swap it out.
I think it was 22mm, and that's not too bad, just be careful bc I've seen more than a few people listing engines as a 251/253 when they're actually selling you a 20E/203

·
Registered
2000 Subaru 2.5RS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Motor is locked up. Luckily I found a replacement for $795 with only 80K miles on JDM Racing Motors tested and everything ready to be swapped. I appreciate the help. Thank you so much.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts