Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS Black
382 Posts
They may have changed that since you last looked into it. I'm running plates and bolts on my car. Look at 14.8 C and F. I don't think you can do links with other camber modifiers but you can do plates and bolts.

sent from my S3

·
serenity now
AW 99 2.5rs, LRP 11 wrx
4,124 Posts
ahh you are right i have been looking at
14.8.H.2
On arm-and-strut (MacPherson/Chapman) suspensions, the low- er arms may be modified/replaced OR other methods of camber adjustment as allowed by Sections 14.8.B, C, or G may be used, but not both.

but
14.8.C
The following allowances apply to strut-type suspensions. Adjustable camber plates may be installed at the top of the strut and the original upper mounting holes may be slotted. The drilling of holes in order to perform the installation is permitted. The center clearance hole may not be modified. Any type of bearing or bushing may be used in the adjustable camber plate attachment to the strut. The installation may incorporate an alternate upper spring perch/seat and/or mounting block (bearing mount). Any ride height change resulting from instal- lation of camber plates is allowed. Caster changes resulting from the use of camber plates are permitted.

14.8.F
Camber bolts may be installed providing these parts use the original, unmodified mounting points and meet the restrictions specified in Section 14.5.B. Caster changes resulting from the use of camber bolts are permitted.

·
serenity now
AW 99 2.5rs, LRP 11 wrx
4,124 Posts
my rear tires have touched the struts under high speed corners, i need to try the lat links i have, the camber bolts aren't working to well.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS Black
382 Posts
Well with the rolled lips and the 1/8" spacers in the back I don't have any problems rubbing anymore. In the end I think the links may be better since you can push the track out a tiny bit but it's probably not enough to make a difference for me.

sent from my S3

·
Registered
99 OBS STM
125 Posts
Year of Car - 1999 OBS
Class - STC
Tires - Bridgestone Turanza ER30 205/45 16 (came with my six spokes i'll ride em till they die)
Spring/Strut setup - AGX set at hardest with GF210 for GC
FSB - Whiteline 22mm set at 22.5
RSB - Whiteline 22mm set at 22
Misc - Front and rear kartboy endlinks, ss brake lines, rs brakes with hps, -1.3 front camber -1.0 rear camber, ver.1 lateral links,
front strut tower brace, saggy butt spacer.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Chiming in here, my car was down most of March and finally getting some of the parts I bought put on. Planning on autocrossing and maybe doing a track school, not sure.

Koni Yellows w/ STI gymkhana springs (used)
Whiteline Offset strut tops (front)/new KYB rear strut tops
Rallitek rear sway bar and endlinks 21mm (can't remember)
RS 6-Spokes with the tires that the car came with when I bought it: Kumho LX Platinums (205/55/16)...awwww yeahhh..

Anyway, I have to get rid of these awful Buick tires. I want to go with a wider width and I've been told 225 will fit on the 6spokes, but that I'll get some nasty rubbing. I don't want that. I'm probably going to go with Dunlop Star Specs for tires.

I really don't want to go to 17" for weight and tire cost reasons but I can if I have to... since 16x8 wheels don't exist (for a reasonable price)

What 17" widest tire/wheel combo can I fit with this suspension? I realize it doesn't allow for much...

·
serenity now
AW 99 2.5rs, LRP 11 wrx
4,124 Posts
first pick a class then figure out what you want to do
also star specs no longer exist, it is now the z2 :)

·
Registered
Aspen White 2kRS and 05 STI
175 Posts
2000 2.5RS - Daily Driver / Autocross

Car - Aspen White 2000 2.5 RS Coupe
Wheels - 5 Spoke 16" Goldies
Tires - Dunlop Star-Spec 225/50/16 (heat-cycled out)
Pressures - 41psi F 39psi R
FSB - Tribeca 25mm with Kartboy EndLinks
RSB - WRX 20mm with KartBoy EndLinks
Struts - KYB AGX (very worn, new ones on the way)
Settings for Auto-X - F @ 3 of 4 R @ 6 of 8
Springs - Stock RS
Snorkus Delete - Stock AirBox
Stromung CatBack Exhaust
KartBoy Hangers
STi Shift Knob with KartBoy Bushings
Homemade Accelerator Cover to Aid in HealToe
Various Kartboy Chassis Bushings
Corbeau 4 Point Harness

Hopefully, if I win the lottery, I would someday like to get the Bilstein PSS-9 coilover setup, along with some nice camber plates, as well as better sway bars and some strut bracing. I'd also like to stay in STC, although I know I'll still get my ass handed to me by the Civics.

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
Update:
If anyone wants to know, I am running Kosei K1 TS with 225/45/17 Bridgestone Pole Position SO-3 summer tires. On full lock, I get some rubbing on the front mudflap (aftermarket urethane flaps). No biggie. Still sorting out the suspension...needs a front sway bar upgrade very badly..the front just waffles in hard turns. Bleh.

·
Registered
2005 Subaru 2.5RS Wagon
1 Posts
I anyone else in here running a 2.5RS Wagon? What lowering springs are you using. I have koni yellows on swift sport springs but the rear springs sag and Im looking for ideas on a better setup.

·
Registered
2001 2.5 RS
289 Posts
Year of Car - 2001 RS
Class - STS
Tires - Yokohama YK580 215/45/17 on 98 5 spoke goldies
Spring/Strut/Coilover Setup (with rates) - ISC Street Comfort coilovers --- 8k/6k
FSB - stock
RSB - stock
Misc (bushings, ALK, struts bars and anything else suspension related) - none

·
the hard way
1972 240Z
10,462 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Impreza sedan RS Silver
39 Posts
is there a thread that says all the equipment needed for a rally suspension? picked up a 02 RS sedan that has been slammed and we need it up for my sons first car. I live in a subie challenged town and figure if I can get all the nuts and bolts needed I have a better chance at getting a shop to help, thanks!

221 - 238 of 238 Posts