Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16 and getting my first car soon. At the top of the list in the 2.5.

It seems like a great car, awd and all.

Any insight on advantages and upkeep cost?

·
Ntseg Muag!
SRP MY00 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
518 Posts
uhh i'm 16 also but i dunno about the cost cause i don't own one myself....my first car is gonna be a RS also but not till later...maybe some of the guys who owns RSs can tell you.

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
I think it'd be a good first car. It's reasonably quick, good handling, decent mileage and dead reliable. It's also cool. Just don't rice it out.

JC

·
Premium Member
00RS 04STI
953 Posts
Hey,

I suggest a test drive of an RS and whatever is your 2nd choice. You can do a side-by-side comparison via the internet(I like ravensblade-impreza).

Anyway, I've driven a few other vehicles and didn't receive as much feedback from those vehicles versus the RS. If you are concerned with upkeep, check this site www.alldata.com . It has list of recalls/service bulletins for vehicles.

I had a Civic sedan and enjoyed it but the handling isn't(for myself) not even close to the Rs's. Also factor in your environment(snow, rainy).

A bit much but it should help.

I KNOW YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE AN RS

:drool: :drool:

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
I got my RS at the age of 17, it was pretty much my first car, and I love it. Definitely one of the safest cars out there, and it's bad ass at the same time. Limitless amount of fun to be had with it, and everyone will drool over it. All RS owners have witnessed that first hand ;)

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
RSs suck... oh uh... woops no, they are good or stuff...:lol:

yes get one, but get the pretty one...;)

·
Registered
2006 Pontiac GTO 6spd
4,229 Posts
scrubaru said:
Nope. I got mine brand new at 19. Parents went away on vacation and when they got back I had a new car. :D
Me neither, I got mine when I was 17. Oh wait, dammit. :biggest:

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
Zeorymer said:
I got my RS at the age of 17, it was pretty much my first car, and I love it. Definitely one of the safest cars out there, and it's bad ass at the same time. Limitless amount of fun to be had with it, and everyone will drool over it. All RS owners have witnessed that first hand ;)
amen.

and i got my new RS when i was 18 and 11 months. i got my car 2 days before my ex's birthday, and same year, she got her car a day before my bday.

·
Registered
27 Posts
the first car that i bought, also the one i'm driving now, i got on the day of my sister's birthday. i can't remember what i gave her but i know i got my car.

·
Registered
392 Posts
got mine when i was 17 the day after i started going out with an amazing girl.. too bad lost the girl but still have the RS :happynow:

Just respect the car and dont' mod it till you've gotten a good grasp on how it works.. other than that do scooby nuts in the winter and wax the hell out of it in the summer :checkit:

oh and ^^ is right you'll get so many looks and questions about it.. if you are still in HS everyone will be asking how you could that type of car.. great feeling on shitty days :p

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
rbehny said:
got mine when i was 17 the day after i started going out with an amazing girl.. too bad lost the girl but still have the RS :happynow:
No shit? Me too! hahaha, crazy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Buy it on the last week or day of the month. In order to fulfill monthly quotas, dealers will try to move them off the lot as fast and cheap as possible.

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
The RS is the car on the top of my list. I just turned 17 on the 3rd. Too bad no one has any in the Jersey area. And i don't have 15,000 either. But i can still wish. Damn Nj insurance, gonna cost me an arm, a leg, and then some.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Damn, you guys are making me feel old. Anyhoo, my list of cars at the time (spring 99) was the RS (duh), Audi A4 1.8t, "new" GTI/Jetta, Ford SVT Contour (what a wonderful car, too bad Ford had to screw it up)... RS won hands down.

·
Registered
392 Posts
making you feel old... the other day i was playing paintball and some kids said they didn't want to play with the old guy.. i looked around it ended up being ME i'm only 18 geez.. :curse:

·
Registered
1995 AWD Brilliant Red Subaru
723 Posts
Sorry about making u feel old. Personally, i'd rather hang around the older crowd in the car/engine/high performance stuff. You can learn a whole lot and allow u to not royaly screw yourself by doing something stupid. My dad has taught me a ton of incredibly useful and vital information. If you must know, is 67. Currently, our 2 496 super chargered marine engines are completed(bottom end..these things r perdy). With them alone, i have learned a vast amount of knowledge about engines.

Btw, whoever said 18 is old, musta been high. I am only a year away, and i still feel so young....:-/. Not ready for the real world..haha.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i got my 02' RS about 9 months ago for college use...i am still 18 with no regrets buying that car....now that i look at other peoples RS's, it makes me want to trade mine in for a black 2 door 2001 RS....damn those look sweet...:drool:
well good luck everyone....SUBYS ARE COOL!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts