Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i guess everyone has heard the news now.. i'm totally stoked about it but i feel that mass production just like the wrx will water down our community.. too bad we couldn't just get the new sti's and leave everyone else behind..

hope you guys have seen this.. it was a big shock to me. though i can't wait for a front clip including tranny and diffs to go on sale. I'm happy.. but saddened at the same time..:happynow:

http://impreza.subaru.com/

300hp/300ftlbs will make me happy though.. we need to get a good tranny like this..

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
i'm goin to the LA auto show this weekend and i'm bringin a good camera so i'll be posting pictures soon of the new us spec beast

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
If they stick to the 4-5k a year it won't be that bad. But if they do like what they did with the Wrx it will suck dirty goat balls.

Buster

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hopefully production will be like you said 4-5k but i have a feeling it's gonna run high just like subaru's initial 10k of wrx's turned into 18k.. this sti isn't gonna be easy for people pass up.

robert:(

i have dibs on the drivetrain of the first sti that gets trashed by some unexperienced non-subaru driver.. unfortunately that will happen sooner than it should :curse: :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm likely going to wait on some STI owner to wreck as well. There were more then enough of the regular WRX owners who were wrecking. If I do the STI swap then that will be the same time I go to a FMIC and use the car as a weekend only car. Too many a-holes behind the wheel in the Baltimore and D.C. area to risk having it totalled.

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
Wizbiscus said:
i'm goin to the LA auto show this weekend and i'm bringin a good camera so i'll be posting pictures soon of the new us spec beast
they didn't have shit there.... they had a rally spec but thats about it

no awd turbo'd focus, and a couple evo's but we werent allowed to pop the hood... all in all a dissapointment... all though i did meet some chill people

1 - 6 of 6 Posts