Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant believe the new sti is a 2.5 300 hp 300lbs of torque car.
This even puts the 22b to shame
6 speeds
DRiver controlled center differential!!!

Wow I dont even want to look at my car anymore...even the 2.5 has lost its originalitiy.. I'm going to turbo mine.

I duno why, I figured I'd like to let sean and frakks know this if they already didnt figure it out...
Take care everyone.
Devon

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
tonberryking said:

This even puts the 22b to shame
6 speeds
DRiver controlled center differential!!!

I duno why, I figured I'd like to let sean and frakks know this if they already didnt figure it out...
Take care everyone.
Devon
Dude that statement there will get you in a lot of trouble...the 22b will not be put to shame NEVER! I don't care what everyone says the 22b was and still is a monster of a car one of the most beautifly design Impreza's to date Shame on you for saying that Shame on you! :curse:

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
As I told Ton tonight, the 22b is a total package and unless Subaru desides to release a WRX bodied 300+ HP car there will never be a better subaru than the 22b.

sean

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
10th Warrior said:
*cough* S202 *cough* *cough*
fuck that bugged eyed piece of shit!... but that is still is a bad ass car though :biggest:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
FRAKK's2.5 said:
fuck that bugged eyed piece of shit!... but that is still is a bad ass car though :biggest:
oh, don't get me wrong, the 22b and the v6 RA are two of my all time favorite cars. i was merely repsonding to:
and unless Subaru desides to release a WRX bodied 300+ HP car there will never be a better subaru than the 22b.
they do have a 300+bhp new-body car. and EVO magazine said "give me the P1 back" :lol:

·
Registered
597 Posts
FRAKK's2.5 said:
the s201 with a shape only a mother could love looks better than the s202!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Actually, if you think about it, the P1 is actually a pretty crappy, sad excuse for a performance oriented Impreza.

Basically what happened was this. The Brits were clamoring that they didn't really get a performace Impreza like Japan did, despite the fact that Subaru's own world rally team was based in their home country. So, International Motors (which is the company that is responsible for the distribution of Subaru in the UK), took a standard STi v.5 Type R, stripped it of the driver controlled center diff, slapped on softer suspension, bunch of plastic body parts and Prodrive logos. AND THEN, they charged MUCH more than what UK'ers could grey import an original Version 5 from Japan for. P1's were selling for around $36-40 USD when they were released just because it was "tuned by Prodrive." LOL

As far as bad ass Imprezas go, the 22B will always remain at the top. I'm very partial to the V3-6 Sti models as I love the Mk1 body style, adj diff, and most importantly, the weight (compared to the GDB). HOWEVER, I do believe the new STi is a new beast all together. Speaking from a technological standpoint, I believe the new STi is far superior to the older Impreza models and should be a great contender in the performance car market.

Francis

P.S. Sorry, I was bored and we have these fancy computers at our desks in class ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LISTEN
I love the 22b. More than this new god damn STi. I was excited when I wrote that post.. Maybe in terms of power it kinda works the STi...but yea blah blah we know the 22b is " sex on wheels" etc... Perfect evertyhing..

But the new announcement of a 25sti with brembos , driver controlled center diff.. thats still nice.

I'm a little pissed only because of the fact that since a billion "kajillion" people with wrx's are going to trade in there cars giving my TS wagon the resale value of a geo metro....
I have no choice but to go turbo...ah its not like I dont want to anyhow = )

Come on, I aint out there to go piss off thep eople of this club.
This club has some good people on it, at least in RL.

take care,
devon

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Holly shit Francis! it almost sounds like you know what you are talking about!:biggest: :p

·
Registered
597 Posts
tonberryking said:
I'm a little pissed only because of the fact that since a billion "kajillion" people with wrx's are going to trade in there cars giving my TS wagon the resale value of a geo metro....
what about the value of the RS's? Their resale will be
pretty bad, too.

Good point about the P1, Francis. I always thought
they were identical to the v.6 only with some appearance changes.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
sunnys25 said:
what about the value of the RS's? Their resale will be
pretty bad, too.
Who gives a shit? It's a car not a house. A cheap car at that. Have fun, thrash it, drive it off the dock and get a new one.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
And personally I don't think it'll have much affect.

People in the market for an 18k MSRP car are generally not the same as those looking for a low 30k MSRP car. You can buy two RSs for the price of an STi!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I had the discussion with a VVRX owner. I got my RS after I found out about the VVRX. He said the resale of the RS would drop like a rock when the STi arrives and also that the VVRX is ready out of the box while the RS is..... I could care less what the value of the RS will be since I'll be enjoying it for many years to come.
I would definitely not drive it off the dock since you can't buy an RS coupe new anymore.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey the brightside to the STI and the 04 WRX * which has a really niceinterior*

When shit bags crash em, we can furnish ourselves with a great interior to our RS's.. or * ts* in my case, that wasnt avaible before.
STi seats were a billion kajllion dollars but hey look now we can get the interior off an STi when they crash..

The WRx has new black bucket seats to.. so I mean if anyone wants stock looking seats hey looky looky nice comfy seats..
Suspension components.
HEY and how about those Stock brembos = )))))
I think its great we can get alot of Stuff that was in japan thhat is now available,
Great job subaru.
peace out guys,
Devon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts