Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWZ ANYTHING ABOUT ENGINE SWAPS? IF THE YEAR MODLES WILL VARY IM THINKIN OF PUTTING A 02 WRX TURBO ENGINE IN A 1998 RS IS IT POSSIBLE ANYTHING WOULD BE HELPFULL:eek:

G

·
just put a turbo on the 2.5

i have a turbo on my 2.5 and it spools at 1500 rpm and is on full boost by 2300. (2.0 wrx has alot of turbo lag) 288hp , kills most wrx.

sean

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
It would also help if you turned your caps lock off every once in a while guy.;)

·
Registered
91 Posts
im doing a jdm swap in my 98 gc8 coupe. as soon as i get more info on my engine which is soo close... but on another side of the us....

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah as my said its been done i dont know about a bazillion times but enough times to know how to do it right and within a respectable ammount of time. You should check out our engine swap info on our website www.i-speedusa.com It tells you everything you need to do a sucessful ej20 swap. Anything pre 95 is a PITA to convert, so your 98 would be perfect. As a matter of fact the 1st usdm ej20 swap was on a 98 impreza 2.5 RS. Any questions you can post on our forums

Andy I-Speed tech

·
Registered
359 Posts
Swapping the motor is easy.

Swapping the wiring harness is very hard.

You will want to shoot yourself in the head several times during that process... and it will cost you $$$ to have a shop do it for the same reason.

There are a number of good forced induction kits for the 2.5L... why not just use one of those?

The supercharger kit is almost finished if you don't mind waiting just a bit... (shameless plug) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts