Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
2000 RSTi
1,567 Posts
It checks all the right boxes for me... I'd rather have that than a current or next gen STI (which costs more than $34k).

·
Registered
2000 2.5 RS White
31 Posts
Mine will need some work to get to that level of clean but swap will be done correctly and no accidents. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah when you add up all the work done to that car, 34k is pretty reasonable actually. Especially considering the amount of time and effort you save in buying it vs building it yourself. Of course with the build comes a sense of satisfaction, but there's a market out there for people who want the end result without the labor, and this price point is pretty fair for that crowd. Especially when clean ones are selling above 10k now stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What kind of auction is this? Private sales? What or who is it regulated by? Similar to eBay?

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
188 Posts
BAT : Bring A Trailer - I view it daily- it has a wide variety of vehicles , and can be very interesting to watch bidders battling it out for a car , truck, or motorcycle

·
Registered
11 Posts
Except when consider what a clean , stock RS goes for, then add all the special parts put into that car, not that crazy , unless you did all mechanical s and interior and painting yourself .
After doing my brother’s carb (pending) ej257 6speed swap, 34k doesn’t look too bad. He paid 10k just for his 2.5rs lol. Add the sti swap parts, “while I’m in there” parts, and a rebuilt forged block, you get north of 30k in a hurry.

·
Registered
98/05 RSTi
11 Posts
I wasn't really considering BaT to sell my 2.5RSTi but after seeing this post I'll have to post it there.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
01 2.5RS
1 Posts
I was the winning bidder of the BAT EJ207 2001 2.5RS sedan. But since receiving the car here in Raleigh N.C. where I live, I've decided to list it for sale. During the vehicle transit across the country I was presented with an opportunity to buy another dream car of mine. Since I don't have enough garage space, the RS is up for grabs unfortunately:

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
188 Posts
IMO , the Japanese cars have been long under valued and under appreciated . Not so anymore . Look , for example , Datsun 240Z : they made tons of them .I bought mine super cheap, as a winter car . Now, even project cars are expensive . I`ve owned 8 Subarus , including an OB XT ( turbo 5 speed ) , and none are/were as much fun to drive as the RS .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wonder how my car will do at these auctions lol.. mine needs some work but no rust on the quarter panels or rockers. Also has 121k miles on it, but it is a sedan with automatic.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts