Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just posting this because it intrigued me. 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Coupe - California-Kept, Largely Unmodified, 5-Speed Manual

As I casually follow the used car market and watch out for what RS's are popping up on the market, I guess this provides a good indicator of what the value of these cars is. If you want a clean RS coupe, you almost need to disregard color and mileage all together because of the rarity. If I didn't have an RS and if I were in the market for one, I think it would be very difficult to pass this up if the funds were there, even if silver isn't your thing.

It's kind of crazy to think that almost 15 years ago, as a 20 year old kid, I stumbled upon mine. In my younger years, I was remarkably "thrifty", and if it weren't for my girlfriend at the time (she knows nothing about cars), I never would have bought it even though I wanted one so badly. It had 78k miles (I think), and I paid $10,500. I drove an hour and fifteen minutes and drove it home even though I just learned how to drive stick. (I'll never forget stalling in the toll booth, saying oops, and the guy smiling and saying oops at nearly the same time as me).

Well, this digressed...oh, well. If you want to share your story of how you came to own your RS, I'd love to hear it.

·
Registered
00 RS cpe, 01 RS cpe, 05 3.0 R
138 Posts
I think the RS have been under valued until recently . Glad to see they are appreciating .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts