Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Subaru Impreza outback sport and the the power door locks stoped working. None of the switches work and none of the doors power lock. The window controls still work and I don’t believe the switches are bad. Before they completely stopped working it started to make a struggling sound when I would lock them and it was weaker I had to manually lock the drivers the rest of the way but the others would lock. I thought it was because I had a bad battery so I wasn’t worried about the locks (my battery at the time was really spotty and didn’t push a lot of voltage). Then they just stopped working all together one day. I’ve checked the fuse and it’s not blown. The internet is pointing to a wiring issue but there’s no information online where I should start poking and prodding with the volt meter. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
247 Posts
From my experience the driver side switch panel sorta controls everything and when it's disconnected it'll disable other door/window operations. You can start by removing that and checking the wiring, it's super easy and basically just pops out of the door handle. Does the keyless entry work? It could possibly have something to do with the locking unit under the dash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my experience the driver side switch panel sorta controls everything and when it's disconnected it'll disable other door/window operations. You can start by removing that and checking the wiring, it's super easy and basically just pops out of the door handle. Does the keyless entry work? It could possibly have something to do with the locking unit under the dash.
I’ll pull my door unit out again and fiddle with it. So far it’s looking to be a frayed wire or bad connection between one of several along the circuit. Thank you for your response. I’ll feel really silly lol if everything I did yesterday is fixed by just pulling the door switches out and screwing with them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts