Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Not much has been done in a while but I did add a fancy little exhaust tip for $11 that adds a much better look for next to nothing.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza Outback 2.2L
117 Posts
good start thus far! keep it up! the red/clear tail light combo is the best look. Saw you said you wanted a front spoiler, not much you can do with that bumper besides the DIY home depot lip. Cheap and doesn't look half bad!

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
good start thus far! keep it up! the red/clear tail light combo is the best look. Saw you said you wanted a front spoiler, not much you can do with that bumper besides the DIY home depot lip. Cheap and doesn't look half bad!

Thanks Brownies, I think I will wait to lower it before deciding what to do with the front lip, may just leave it as is.

·
Registered
93 Aqua Frost GF4
819 Posts
damm, those wheels look supresingly good! and itsn't it amaxing how with tint, wheels and new tail lights the car looks 1000000x sicker? gotta love wagons!

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
damm, those wheels look supresingly good! and itsn't it amaxing how with tint, wheels and new tail lights the car looks 1000000x sicker? gotta love wagons!

Sorry been away a while, but it really is shocking what tints, lights and rims does, car looks completely different. Its funny I get more compliments and stares in this the when I had my 2010 Subaru WRX. Go figure.

Before

After (For perspective)

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Been so long but I am about a month away from dropping this beast and riding proper. Got a full J2 sports coil-over kit on order and trying to source lateral links for the rear that aren't just good for WRX models or 2.0L motors, no luck thus far, any one help me source these?

New muffler coming too, so in about a month she will be riding dirty lol.

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Just got my new grill and emblem installed, front end coming together.

Front lip will really complete my front end cant wait. It is a peel and stick cheap ass rubber lip for $30 so here's hoping it does the trick

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Finally got my front lip installed and summer setup is back in effect. This time went -.25 camber on rear wheels to avoid rolling fenders.

Also got a fresh paint detailing to remove swirls and haze in paint.

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Updated. Still using as a daily driver. Has 236,000kms and running strong.

Mods Updated:
Whiteline Lateral Links
WhiteLine Rear Sway Bar
STI Front Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Strut Brace

Catback 2.5" Stainless Steel Exhaust and MAGNAFlow Exhaust

17" 2006 WRX Rims with 205/40/R17 Yokohama S Drive Tires (to be installed in spring)

Really looking forward to some new shoes this season, will post pics once mounted.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
466 Posts
I had the same car in the same color, yours looks 10x better than mine

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Just put in new ignition coil, NGK plugs and Wires and a can of decarbonizer along with a fresh oil change. Shes running right.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts