Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am starting a journal for my 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Prior to buying to this car I had the luxury of leasing both a 2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback and then a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan (sadly not the 265 but the 227). This was my first taste of what subaru had to offer and I was hooked. Shortly after returning my lease I was stuck without a car and wasn't sure what I wanted to do, then I cam across this jem.

It was a one owner, hardly driven and ONLY dealer serviced subaru with all the records, winter tires and rims and the car was in fantastic shape with just 113,00kms. I had to buy it and BOY am I glad I did.

These were the pictures the guy who sold me the car sent me before I went to look at it.

I have many plans for this car in the future but for the next few years to come it is going to be a daily driver.

I have already done rather simple but necessary improvements such as....

Smoke license plate cover
Debadge the gold outback sticker on trunk(looks so much cleaner)
Tints 35% all the way around
Installed SONY XPLODE Deck cause I don't have cassettes anymore, lol
Installed GF8 taillights

These were the quickest things I could do to it thus far and as is I love it, but got lots of work to do.

On Order I have.

Depo Chrome housing Clear corners and side markers coming, should be installed in a week or two.
Factory fog light assembly brand new from dealer and will be installed also in a week or two.

Now my to do list....... P.S. I am always open to suggestions and actively searching for these mods

Cold air intake
Exhaust system
Front Lip spoiler
17" Alloy wheels
Clear Bumper signal lights(impossible to find)
Lowering springs

This is my quick short list of things I am ready to do for now. Down the road of course this car will be totally converted with an STI motor, tranny and brakes.

Here is what i am thinking of right now as a potential rim for this car in the upcoming spring. 17" of course.

Anyway here is my first layout of things to come and I will continue to update this post as things get knocked off my list.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a recent shot of the back, with the tint, removed gold outback sticker and GF8 tailights, picture is poor quality.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.2TS 4dr
1,007 Posts
Looks great, that's the only 2 tone colors I actually like. Only just noticed the Ontario plate too :lol:

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks great, that's the only 2 tone colors I actually like. Only just noticed the Ontario plate too :lol:

Thanks man, I wasn't a fan of two tone paint at all but this one has grown on me.

P.S Yours to discover :biglaugh:

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
I recently "discovered" Toronto. More specifically, the women in Toronto. I wanna go back :lol:

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently "discovered" Toronto. More specifically, the women in Toronto. I wanna go back :lol:
HAHAHA, damn right, i live outside of Hamilton but have been in Ontario my whole life, women here are crazy hot and well flat out crazy, lol

I see your in Canada too, where ya at?

P.S If you ever visit Quebec City bring a towel and a change of shorts :drool: Women there break necks and cause accidents

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
1,007 Posts
:lol: yeah I was in shock.

I'm in Newfoundland for the time being; not sure where I'll be this time next year. QC is on my list too

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
OHHH Baby My fog lights came in today, Had to get them from Indianapolis, shipped to buffalo then brought up here to Canada, Worth it though, cant wait to install.

·
Premium Member
Company Car
1,875 Posts
Nice looking OBS. Black or white OBS is my choice.

May I ask why you purchased the OEM Fog Lamps instead of the OEM Projector Fogs? Your got covers appear to be for the projectors.

·
Registered
'04 PSM WRX Premium
8,339 Posts

May I ask why you purchased the OEM Fog Lamps instead of the OEM Projector Fogs? Your got covers appear to be for the projectors.
Yeah, I have the same bumper and would have gone with the correct ones to fit for it. The square ones could fit in the middle of the bumper though... I plan on doing that with some Wally World ones if I can get it to not look have decent.

The projector ones are hard to find used.

·
Premium Member
Company Car
1,875 Posts
It looks like the user bought brand new OEM Lamps though. So I would assume he could've bought the OEM Projectors. Of course, both lamps have their specific shrouds.

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks, really when I started thinking about fog lights, two things had to be true for me, OEM fogs were a must and I wanted the squared off look instead of rounded(personal preff), I couldn't find OEM squared projectors and the OEM fog Lamps come with a new cover/housing to replace mine so the car will look stock, the fogs are OEM and they have the squared off look I want too.

·
Premium Member
Company Car
1,875 Posts
Gotcha. I had the OEM square fogs on my 97 OBS. But I rather prefer the OEM projector fogs.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,803 Posts
Make sure to consider weights on wheels when picking.

Also DO A 2.5 SWAP! it's cheap and easy and the car is so much nicer once done!

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Make sure to consider weights on wheels when picking.

Also DO A 2.5 SWAP! it's cheap and easy and the car is so much nicer once done!
Thanks I will, good call wasn't even thinking that, So how much weight is too much? 2.5 SWAP FOR SURE!, but my little 2.2L pulls nice for now and is a DD, once it goes Full swap will be in effect.

·
EZ GF w/Curves!
97'OBS/94'SVX LSi/00'OBS/01&#8
8,803 Posts
Anything under 21lbs... Preffereable anything under 19lbs. Stock Steelies are 19lbs. Stock 06/07, 08-10, and 11' WRX wheels weight 21 lbs. I just switched to some 16lb 17"s and love the difference.

·
Registered
1999 Imprezza OBS Black
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anything under 21lbs... Preffereable anything under 19lbs. Stock Steelies are 19lbs. Stock 06/07, 08-10, and 11' WRX wheels weight 21 lbs. I just switched to some 16lb 17"s and love the difference.

Awesome great tip and very helpful, appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts