Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

341 - 356 of 356 Posts

·
Registered
99 L
96 Posts
The only thing limiting you is time and budget. To answer your question, yes, you can swap your car to an 07 STI engine.
Thanks. How tough is the tranny? Ive got the $$ and im in no rush because my wife and i have 3 other vehicles. I also have two other friends who know quite a bit about subarus. Its just merging the harness and the wrx or sti trans install that my question was about. The op only listed 02-05 wrx wireing diagrams.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,175 Posts
Which tranny? The rs one will hold the power if you don't abuse it.. Ideally though you'd be better off with the STI 6 speed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey RS 2.5 guys! I just did a 2005 JDM EJ205 WRX swap on my 98 forester. It has the same engine and ecu as the 98 RS 2.5 so a ton of my swap is the same. I did a write up of my swap on the forester forums, including my wiring pinouts and spreadsheets and pictures from service manuals. I has specific info for 2002 WRX and 2005 WRX engines. But there is good info for general swaps. I want to link my swap here so people can find my info more easily. Especially since I used a ton of brydon's info for my swap.

Feel free to ask question to me if you think I could input help in any way

Here's the link to my build I hope some people can find it useful:

('98-'00) Banks' Turbo SF Build - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello i have a 2002 STI that i am swapping into a 1998 rs coupe. I got whole wiring harness and AEM standalone is it a bad idea for me to put it in if i am going to use an new built ej257 motor instead of the 207 to use that wiring harness. Cause i know i have to tweek it a bit to use it for the heads on ej257 is that going to be more difficult then just buying a whole newer wiring harness from 2004+ sti and using that rather?

·
Registered
2000 RS gray/silver
90 Posts
Fuel Pump Relay Control B134/16 – T’ed to B135/19 (This makes the relay on when the key is on.)
Sensor Ground Joint Connector - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Ground (R/Y on RS) - (G/Y on WRX)

i need help with this one.....
135/19 goes to the ground juntion. so you are taking the RS wire which should go to the ecu and putting it to ground?
Doesn't make sense to me

·
Registered
140 Posts
07 sti usdm swap
did anyone run into having to place the smog air pump?
how is the BAR ref strictness on this?
picture for reference not mine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is precious information, I have read that there are companies that are dedicated exclusively to this, right?

341 - 356 of 356 Posts