Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

321 - 340 of 354 Posts

·
RIP 08.24.2013
01 legacy L
8,015 Posts
you shouldn't touch anything engine related, the only engine wires you merge is for tachometer readings. And engine temp

·
Registered
2000 WRX swapped 2.5RS
209 Posts
Hey, just giving an update about the RS B136/29 wire I had questions about. As I said before, I merged the RS's atmospheric pressure sensor ground wire to the WRX shielded/sensor ground joint connector. There was a left over wire going there anyway (in Brydon's guide, he suggests to leave it not merged and tape it up). Additionally, I left the sensor's power wire alone. The only wire I left not merged was the R/W wire in question (B136/29). I just taped up the dead end. Then I plugged the sensor harness into the sensor in the engine bay. I left the sensor itself installed anyway, even though there is no signal coming from it to the WRX ECU. I finished the wiring on my swap today, and the engine fired up on the first try. I had no CEL codes relating to the RS's atmospheric pressure sensor. So in short, the RS's B136/29 R/W wire on a 1999-2001 RS to 2002-2005 WRX swap, can be left not merged. Thanks again Hydrochloric for the help, I really appreciated it.

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS/C BRP
2,321 Posts
Glad to hear it worked! When I swapped my ECU, I was a little dumb, and missed the "backup power supply" pin, so I couldn't for the life of me figure out why the ECU's main power supply relay wouldn't click over. SO MUCH WIRING DIAGRAM TRACING. :rotflmao:

you shouldn't touch anything engine related, the only engine wires you merge is for tachometer readings. And engine temp
For a WRX into RS merge? I had to swap everything. But then my setup was just a teeny bit weird. In that it's a 251 with an M62 on it.

·
Registered
2000, 2.5RS coupe, Silver
2 Posts
I want to do an sti swap so bad. Maybe in my next life when I understand what all these diagrams mean....

·
Registered
99 RS
14 Posts
Wired up an 06 Sti setup into my 99RS. Immobilizer pulls the W/R wire (Pin 26) to ~10V which another guy claims here --> http://www.electricsubaru.com/ecu.html

Can't find where B137/14 is that Brydon says to T into but this wire is supposed to goto the key sense switch I think. Only problem is this 10V feeds about 9mA back through the key dinger and makes a faint dinging.

Anyone else run into this or do I have it wrong?

·
Registered
97 Impreza Coupe (White)
1 Posts
97 coupe wrx swap

Hey guys I have a full '02 WRX that I want to swap into my 97 coupe. I'm fairly confident I can swap all the mechanical parts, what I'm worried about is the wiring. Is there anywhere to find an easy way to do this? I planned on gutting the whole WRX for the harness I just don't know where to really start.
If anyone knows someone that I can pay to do all the splices for me so I can just swap, plug & play and go that'd be even better as itd save me a ton of time.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
I wire will merge your harness and have it plug and play.. If you have a buddy do it, it would probably be cheaper but I wire is guaranteed.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96LX-RIP. 98 Forester L
547 Posts
i have a red and blue wire coming from b137/23 on my 02 wrx ecu harness and i cant seem to find where it should go. its not listed in the pin out or wiring diagram

·
Registered
2000 2.5rs coupe
950 Posts
I think so i can't confirm so do a search. But considering they use same dash/engine and forester is based off impreza chassis i would say so. Heres something you can do until you find your answer, make your way over to ken-gilbert.com and click impreza manuals on the right(scroll down a tad). Make yourself familiar with it and you can go through and check if connectors are matching up.

or do a search for the wiring manual for forester and compare the two

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
Soo im finishing up my merge, and im down to the last couple wires not related to the ecu, ive got this green/white wire that splits off into multiple wires when it goes to the left towards the main harness.

and then these three at the SMJ, sorry for the crap picture. Thick black red? some kinda power? then green white and green red. Does anyone know of a pinout for the SMJ? I have a picture in my FSM telling me which wire is which location pin, but no pinout telling what each wire actually goes to.

·
Registered
Turbo, LS swapped Impreza RS
5,171 Posts
The only thing limiting you is time and budget. To answer your question, yes, you can swap your car to an 07 STI engine.

321 - 340 of 354 Posts