Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I had been looking for approx. 6 or 7 months for an RS close to home. I found out thats this task is pretty much impossible by the 5 month of searching ha:curse: So I started looking at craigslist and autotrader for anything 2.5RS. I was looking for it to be manual but unfortunetly I would have had to drive more then 10 hours away to get what I wanted which wasn't going to fly with the parents.:rolleyes4 So I finally gave in and purchased my 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Auto with 110,XXX miles for about $5,000. It felt like a steal to me, I couldn't pass up the beautiful car. The interior was basically mint. There weren't any rips, burns, etc. nothing! The exterior has a long key scratch from the front of the passenger door to the back quarter panel and the clear coat on the scoop is peeling(common with all) I am getting this all fixed within this month and she will be scratch free :) It was 100% stock except for a K&N filter. I was glad to find that it was stock, I would like to mod it to my taste :) Anyways this is what she looked like when I bought her.

Then I had highschool graduation the next day haha. Then after graduation I got her washed up, twice and waxed.

The next task was to remove the underscoop panel, let that engine breath!
Also Debadge the trunk. The previous owner liked to paint I think haha. He had painted the 2.5RS Emblem red? weird. I used a blow dryer and fishing line...dental floss just seemed to keep breaking. I got a little frustrated and went with a tougher tool. Then I used WD-40 and some sort of card(pampered chef tool? my buddy had it laying around) to get the adhesive off.

Bad Ass (B.A.) :)

Removed

Then it was on to the audio.
I had just the stock tape deck in when I bought it. I replaced that with my Pioneer deck and put in 2- 12" Sony Xplod Subwoofers and to go with that a 1000 Watt Amp.

Then I had a couple days of fun getting into picture taking :noes: Its almost a passion to take shots of my car now :) Let me know how Im doing....

My Last Car...1996 Subaru Impreza Brighton 1.8L 5speed MT
It now belongs to my dad because of the terrible gas prices, he doesn't want to drive his beefy Silverado.

The New. My old. And My Moms 07 2.5i
We LOVE Subaru

Ransom Lake

The STI replicas swapped from the brighton into the RS. Heres how they look :) Im not too sure what exactly they were. I got them for christmas for my first mod on my brighton about 3 years ago. They were about $290 for both if I recall correctly.

1999 2.5RS Mods.
Suspension:
Eibach Federn Springs
KYB GR2 Struts
WRX Rear Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Sway Bar
Whiteline Front Strut Tower Bar
Kartboy Rear Billet Aluminum Endlinks
Borla UEL Headers
High-Flow Track Pipe
Borla Cat-Back
STi Replica Driver and Passenger Seats
4EAT to MT swap!!!!
B&M Short Throw Shifter w/ Cobb Bushings
Kartboy Rear Shift Bushing
STi Pedals
Autometer Pro-Comp Ultra-lite Center Gauges
Home Depot Lip

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
Very nice, you'll be pleased with the car!~ I have the same one but with a 5-speed, but I also own an automatic L, and really they're both a lot of fun to drive.

Congrats

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have almost the opposite, I have this RS in automatic and a brighton 5 speed. But the power in the RS is so much fun so far even with an AUTO. :)

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you thank you :) Yes I will get some pics of the brighton up later today...And someday down the road there is a 5MT swap waiting for me i think.

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
actually I think I am gonna buy some wrx or sti seats in the near future
those in the brighton are just ebay replicas and I want the real thing in the RS

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bump. New pics with the seats in the RS...Im not sure exactly what they are, I forgot after 3 years. hah. I got them off ebay for a christmas present. They are very comfy and hold me well, even nice for long rides.

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I was contemplating on what to do next for the car? I was gonna do the tranny swap, but I really dont have the money going into the freshman year of college and all. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2000 STM 2.5RS
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump! So right now, I am in the search for all parts needed for my auto to manual swap. I am pending on a parts car downstate, hopefully that works out. Theres a bunch of extras on the car that I can use such as JDM tails, KYB struts, front strut tower, Apexi Engine Manag., CAI etc.

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
Noticed the Mi plate, whereabouts in michigan are you?

and if you do decide to get rid of those seats, PM me, I want 'em, lol.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts