Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 wrx sti type r!
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ever since my car car landed from japan I noticed I wont hit boost in 1st gear. When you watch my boost gauge the needle will hit zero and not go into boost, when I hit 2nd it will spool all the way to 17.5 psi I was curious if this is normal or if something was maybe done to my car by the previous owner? Thanks guys

·
Registered
'99 Legacy 2.5GT '07 Spec-B
127 Posts
It's normal not to build much boost in 1st gear. There isn't enough engine load and exhaust gasses to spin the turbo in 1st gear. Since it's building boost in all other gears I'd say you're fine.

·
Registered
98 sti ra
36 Posts
previous owner might have done it but i assure you they are meant to boost in first. ive never really looked at what its boosting to in first mainly because i`m trying not to lose it while all 4 wheels are spinning lol

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
It's normal not to build much boost in 1st gear. There isn't enough engine load and exhaust gasses to spin the turbo in 1st gear. Since it's building boost in all other gears I'd say you're fine.
nonsense, it's supposed to hit boost in every gear. I will agree that boost in 3rd and 4th may be slightly higher vs 1st, but if he's describing no boost in 1st, something is up

start with list of known mods...you may have a flashed ecu that you'll need to contend with, boost pills that need to be added or hoses re-routed, etc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts