Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1998 Impreza RS #29
The story i picked this car up in august of 2010 and started fixing it and changing all that i can afford to the parts car was a 97 non-dccd sti
mods list

Exterior
2000 RS front bumper w/ ver.6 lip
Clear corners & sidemarkers
JDM rear tail lights
JDM rear spats

Suspension
FHI 20mm FSB
FHI 20mm RSB
kyb gr-2 struts
Eibach prokit
JDM light weight bumper beam
Version 4 STI Aluminum A-Arms
Version 4 STI FHI carbon fiber strut bar

Engine
EJ20k out of a 97 STI the one that revs to 8250 factory and has forged pistons
IHI VF24 turbo
HKS BOV
3" ebay turbo back

Drivetrain
JDM 4.444 Non-DCCD STI 5-Speed

Interior
Version 4 sti seats
Crown Royal shift boot
2003 WRX shift knob
2003 WRX clutch and brake pedals
Leather Wrapped door panels
JDM folding mirror console piece i dont have the mirrors but it gives me 2 outputs for switches i might need later

Electronics
Emanage Ultimate

The Future
An accurate boost gauge mine isnt quite right the numbers seen dont match with my emanage ultimate 3 bar map sensor
Replica GC8 JDM STI decals
Short shifter
Version 5/6 sti Wing
17" Wheels somewhere between 7 and 10"s
And a LSD probley a forester 4.444 although a r180 would be nice

before the wrap

During

Final product

Strut bar

The Seats

The engine

the turbo

Engine swap all done

the ebay exhaust

the "Gonzo Muffler" as my brother calls it

Crown Royal Shift boot

JDM Folding mirror console piece i have plans for the switch since i dont have the mirrors
[/LEFT]

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Continued
The Doner Car parts pictured that are not mentioned in the build thread were sold during hard times for me

Again

And Again

The 5-Speed

the old and new A-Arms

The stickers i know they dont matter

My Fender badges

·
Premium Member
'97 Impreza L
2,537 Posts
Very clean. Nice balance between looks and performance.

Did you rebuild the engine at all or did you just drop it straight in from the donor? Also, how many miles on newer motor?

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Very clean. Nice balance between looks and performance.

Did you rebuild the engine at all or did you just drop it straight in from the donor? Also, how many miles on newer motor?
Thanks!
I ended up not having time to rebuild it needed to get it on the road quick but I did pull the oil pan to check it for any metal or coolent it. I was very worryed it would die on me and still am but I changed the oil 4 times in the 2 months after the swap checking it for shavings. Maybe I'm just paranoid but its paid off so far its been swapped for since November and has seen about 7k so far and still doing good.
Also its not been ran off the 20k ecu its been ran off the rs ecu and I've made sure its always been nice and rich on the tune.
oh yea the donor had 40000 miles on it

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like i will start playing with the sub injector map on my emanage this weekend I finaly rounded up the parts out of my leftovers. Im going to be using it to control the STI boost solenoid so i can have the boost a little more managed since its running off the RS ecu.

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yea i forgot to mention my car is a auto to manual swap that was fun soooo many rusted bolts a car from ct with over 150k on the body it had accumulated a lot of rust

·
Registered
05 legacy sdn, 00 rs sdn
840 Posts
nice car, but yikes, that evo.... i always really liked the style of those evo's so clean and slick... but that bumper combo, front and rear just makes me want to puke

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
nice car, but yikes, that evo.... i always really liked the style of those evo's so clean and slick... but that bumper combo, front and rear just makes me want to puke
Yea we know but it is an actual veilside kit for the car so its actually not bad looking as you think in person. But my friend is trying to get all the parts to swap it back to the OEM kit but he wants OEM parts not replicas so its taking him a while. He bought the car from the original owner who installed the kit and the only reason he bought the car was it only had less than 25k on it and was bone stock besides the bodykit and invidia exhaust. He got a really good deal on it though.
also that kit would look way better if his car was lowered but he lives on a pretty rough road so he refuses to lower it

·
Registered
1998 Impreza RS2.5 #29
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed the boost solenoid that came with my swap doner and wired it in to my emanage ultimate and all i can say is wow did it help with my spool up. With my manual boost controller the car would not make more than 10psi before 4500rpm now its making 16 at 3000rpm. Now I just need to tune it in a little better and it will be great.

·
Registered
98 Black RS GM6
843 Posts
Man...those black rims look awesome!

Well, the other stuff too, but yeah. Those
look better than I would have thought if someone
suggested painting them to me. Pretty sweet, man.
I'd love to give mine a bit of boost.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts