Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
GM6 2.5RS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I just got the car about 4 weeks ago, and LOTS of people have these "Journals" So I thought I should make one :) So far, pretty much nada to the car. I got a V5 Spoiler from my old subie, painted it, threw it on. Looking at V4 front end this summer... Maybe swapping it to a 2.2 motor and turbo, idk. Hoping for some opinions on that, I have heard that the 2.5 has gasket problems, and the 2.2 doesn't lose that much HP but is so much more reliable especially to boost... idk, help would be appreciated. For now, Pics in the SNOW :D

Oh, and those stickers are new, got them from the store months ago but never got them put on my old scoob because I knew it would be gone soon so I saved them, glad I did :mamoru:

:projectsti.com:

Attachments

·
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE
2000 Impreza RST
2,425 Posts
hey nice car i love that wing. thats the only reason part of me still wants a coupe when i have the wagon. and the 2.2 is around 145 hp compared to the 2.5 165 hp, in my book 20 hp is a significant drop. thats like having cams, intake, header, and catback and a reflash. about 1000 dollars of stuff. also the ej25 is known for bad oem headgaskets but once thats done you really dont have much to worry about. finally the ej22 is about the same as ej25 for boost because they both have an open block, the ej22t however is very boost friendly you can find it in older legacys that would be a moter you can think about swapping in for a decent price.
overall good looking car. v4 bumper will make a world of difference. i just ordered an rs bumper myself. have fun building.

·
Banned
GM6 2.5RS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey nice car i love that wing. thats the only reason part of me still wants a coupe when i have the wagon. and the 2.2 is around 145 hp compared to the 2.5 165 hp, in my book 20 hp is a significant drop. thats like having cams, intake, header, and catback and a reflash. about 1000 dollars of stuff. also the ej25 is known for bad oem headgaskets but once thats done you really dont have much to worry about. finally the ej22 is about the same as ej25 for boost because they both have an open block, the ej22t however is very boost friendly you can find it in older legacys that would be a moter you can think about swapping in for a decent price.
overall good looking car. v4 bumper will make a world of difference. i just ordered an rs bumper myself. have fun building.
Def. new to subarus, looked up A LOT of info on the version swaps before I finally felt comfy discussing it all, just got very confusing. but I have barely dabbled in engines... How hard is it to find an ej22t... and what if I wanted to get a brand spanking new engine? What are my options there?

Also, every hear of a 22b Non-Wide body bumper face? Looks CRAZY sexy to me <3 but what's the opinions?

·
Banned
GM6 2.5RS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Subbed for when this hits the junkyard... Because we know that's where it's headed.

2.2... really? How about you just go with the STi 2.5 swap. Or buy an L, that would work too.

·
Banned
GM6 2.5RS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Subbed for when this hits the junkyard... Because we know that's where it's headed.

2.2... really? How about you just go with the STi 2.5 swap. Or buy an L, that would work too.
Why junkyard?!?!

What's the cost of a STi 2.5 swap? What's the difference between the stock 2.5?

Ewwy an L :p

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,700 Posts
Well since you posted about buying a brand spankin new motor I figured cost wasn't an option. But since you asked, about $6k. Completely different motors in all respects. The only thing that are similar between the 2 are the displacement and the stamp on the top of the motor.

If you're doing a V4 swap and a motor swap, why not just grab an L, do an interior swap, and save tons on insurance. The RS is just an L with a different motor, interior, and front end.

Also, EJ22T's are overrated, and the 22b non-widebody bumper is called the "STi Sports" bumper.

·
Banned
GM6 2.5RS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well since you posted about buying a brand spankin new motor I figured cost wasn't an option. But since you asked, about $6k. Completely different motors in all respects. The only thing that are similar between the 2 are the displacement and the stamp on the top of the motor.

If you're doing a V4 swap and a motor swap, why not just grab an L, do an interior swap, and save tons on insurance. The RS is just an L with a different motor, interior, and front end.

Also, EJ22T's are overrated, and the 22b non-widebody bumper is called the "STi Sports" bumper.
Hmm, actually a pretty good idea... never thought of it like that. For now in college, but just kind of planning out what I can. I think ahead a lot lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.