Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.5 RS, Brilliant Red
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This car was my beloved baby for a while, then i passed it on to my son for a bit, but he is now the proud owner of a 2011 STi wagon, so...
it's time to let her go.
In the interests of FULL DISCLOSURE here's the bad first:
She's an automatic (what do you care, 'cause you're gonna STi swap her anyhow, aren't you?), a bit clapped out with rusty rear quarter panels and undercarriage and missing rocker panel trim (the missing bit is actually in the trunk), fading paint on roof and deck lid (although i've seen worse, LOL), and throwing a PO470 trouble code (transmission torque converter issues but once again, you don't really care...that's why i'm selling her as a 'parts car', though... don't expect a turnkey daily driver here), but she does run and drive at the moment. Exhaust missing B pipe section (replacement part Bosal 279561 goes for under $70 though), but stock header/cat is on the engine block and the rear bit is in the trunk. No sound system. DS seat a bit ragged.
Now for the good bits:
Whiteline front swaybar and links
KYB AGX adjustable struts and Eibach springs, anti 'saggy butt' spacers on rears
FHI 06/07 WRX brake conversion w/ stainless steel lines (full set, 4 pot fronts and 2 pot rears, red)
JDM aluminum front LCAs
stock goldies with Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires in very good shape, aftermarket black lug nuts
172 K on the motor, but still running strong... head gaskets done when i bought her in 2010, and again last year
radiator replaced in 2010 also
Viper alarm system w/ remote start (currently disconnected)

Clean title (no liens, no 'salvage', no BS).
Asking $2,000
NEW YORK
tristate area. Come and get her... you know you want to!
IMG_9129.JPG IMG_9143.JPG IMG_9155.JPG IMG_9145.JPG
IMG_9160.JPG IMG_9162.JPG IMG_9171.JPG IMG_9177.JPG
IMG_9177.JPG IMG_9138.JPG
more pics available on request.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
734 Posts
Argh, you're right I want to, but I have too many cars already! Good luck with sale, if it sits for any amount of time you may be hearing from me...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Argh, you're right I want to, but I have too many cars already! Good luck with sale, if it sits for any amount of time you may be hearing from me...
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The car is currently about 40 minutes away from Manhattan in the great state of Connecticut.
I've edited the post to indicate which 'tristate area' i'm referring to specifically.
Pardon my New York centrism, and thank you for your input.

Now, are you interested in the car?

·
Registered
2001 Coupe
1,261 Posts
I'd give you shit for selling her, but I just sold mine.
Miss you buddy.
Worth every penny of what you're asking and let's hope she goes to good home.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd give you shit for selling her, but I just sold mine.
Miss you buddy.
Worth every penny of what you're asking and let's hope she goes to good home.
Thanks, man! You know what's what, and you always have too.
It's gonna be a sad day when she leaves, but i just don't have the time or the money to put into her anymore.
She could be a great project in the right hands... first year GCs are truly rara avis.
i still remember taking the Amtrak down to Philly to pick her up and driving her back to CT...
man, my first thought was "These Legacy brakes have to GO!!"
i was so used to the 4 pot/2 pot Wilwood setup on my Civic hatch, mega brakes on a lighter car;
the stock RS setup just seemed woefully inadequate to me.
The FHI upgrade really made the car much more enjoyable, LOL.

·
Registered
57 Posts
GLWS! I'm sure it will find a good home.

(sorry for posting on this. I would have deleted this if I could, but I can't. I decided that my original post would not help the situation lol)

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
599 Posts
I temporary banned that guy. For anyone else paying attention, it is against the rules to insult the seller, and derail a for sale thread.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I temporary banned that guy. For anyone else paying attention, it is against the rules to insult the seller, and derail a for sale thread.
i think i missed his insult and derailment, but you have my appreciation and thanks for keeping the thread clean, Mike.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Price has been lowered to $2000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts