Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Red 1998 2.5 rs DOHC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping to get some information from people who have the same year of rs as mine. Recently the motor went in the car an I can’t find the exact motor anywhere unless I buy a donor forester, I did plan to upgrade to a wrx motor in the future anyway but hate seeing the car sit so I’m wondering if there’s any motors from different years that will work without having to change any wiring so I can just bolt it up an plug everything in as normal.

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black
684 Posts
I’m hoping to get some information from people who have the same year of rs as mine. Recently the motor went in the car an I can’t find the exact motor anywhere unless I buy a donor forester, I did plan to upgrade to a wrx motor in the future anyway but hate seeing the car sit so I’m wondering if there’s any motors from different years that will work without having to change any wiring so I can just bolt it up an plug everything in as normal.
I have my old 98 rs engine for sale 135-140k on it. I can't ship it though. If you to come pick it up I'll sell it to you for 350. I could pull it apart to shipped it that way but it will cost alot.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,777 Posts
98 RS is the EJ25D, right? Pretty sure you can use any EJ25D or EJ22 long block in place of it without messing with any of the wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts