Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Red 1998 2.5 rs DOHC
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m hoping to get some information from people who have the same year of rs as mine. Recently the motor went in the car an I can’t find the exact motor anywhere unless I buy a donor forester, I did plan to upgrade to a wrx motor in the future anyway but hate seeing the car sit so I’m wondering if there’s any motors from different years that will work without having to change any wiring so I can just bolt it up an plug everything in as normal.

·
Registered
98 rs v4 sti swap white
10 Posts
@Red sun I am also looking into this. Motor is still good but looking at options when it comes time to rebuild either rebuild the 20k or go for something different using my 20k heads if I can.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,740 Posts
I’m hoping to get some information from people who have the same year of rs as mine. Recently the motor went in the car an I can’t find the exact motor anywhere unless I buy a donor forester, I did plan to upgrade to a wrx motor in the future anyway but hate seeing the car sit so I’m wondering if there’s any motors from different years that will work without having to change any wiring so I can just bolt it up an plug everything in as normal.

I believe you can swap any 25d or Ej22 in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts