Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
June 25, 2021 Purchased my Brighton Coupe

Goal:
Get the car fixed up enough to use as a daily driver, new interior and clean up exterior. Then WRX or STI swap it.

Parts List

1997 Impreza GC8 (Clean Title)
New Catalytic Converters
Invidia N1 Catback Exhaust
Impreza RS Hood
New Crystal Clear Headlights
Kouki Tail Lights
Pick n Pull Trunk Liner
Driver Side Window Tracks
Trunk Floor Hard & Carpet
Offer-Up RS Front Bumper Cover
Offer-Up Perrin Radiator Shroud
Offer-Up Perrin Pulley Shroud
Silvers NeoMax Coilovers

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found a RS bumper cover for $150 on offer-up. A bit rough but I’ll find some time to sand it down and repair the broken bumper tabs. Get it primed and put on the car. Need a grill to finish the front end exterior.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
247 Posts
Looking good!

Good luck with sanding down that bumper. My very very cheap body-man father encouraged me to buy a new bumper because the clear coat was peeling on mine. My guess is it's going to be some work to sand that guy down based on him actually suggesting I buy a new one.

Also, when buying parts, don't forget to check for them new from Subaru. I've had good experiences with subarupartsdeal dot com. For instance, you can get the whole grille assembly (91065FA050NN) for $88 plus shipping from there (badge is another $18). If you need something in a hurry, I wouldn't use them, but if you can wait a week or two, they are pretty good. Regardless, I see postings for OEM stuff on Facebook all the time for more than you can get it new from Subaru.

Excited to see how this turns out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I expect the bumper will be pretty time consuming. Hoping to start that project in the coming days. Waiting on the weather to cool a bit. Also the Borla CatBack I ordered has been delayed. Being as the original cats and catback was all stolen off the car before I bought it, I can’t really wait a month. So I ordered an Invidia N1. Should be here next week. Also got the replacement ignition, starts with a flathead at the moment, in the mail. I’m excited to get it driveable within the month.

I’m also teetering on getting an odyssey PC680 or just go with a Optima Red Top. Relocating the battery into the trunk with a PC680 seems like it would be very beneficial long term.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it's any consolation, I sanded the front bumper down by hand using 400 grit in about 2 hours. It was installed on the car. I bet it could be faster if the skin was uninstalled.

May be a touch of work but absolutely worth the time, keep it up, I'm jealous of your body color! :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally sourced two manual door panels for my coupe. Found them and an assortment of other small parts on Marketplace. Drove 4 hours from Portland, Oregon to just north of Seattle. They are missing the cloth. I’ve seen a few people have replaced them with the blue alcantara. But I’m not planning on doing the blue carpet or the blue seats. So I’m looking for good input. I did see some Recaro fabric that I think could be a clean but custom look.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well finally got to the interior. This was my first attempt at re-upholstering the door cards. I think they came out good. But there’s definitely some spots that could be better next time. Also swapped the crappy Coupe center for the Outback Center with the armrest cubby. New lights too.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts