Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2000 impreza 2.5rs sedan
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I need a quick answer for this please. I was changing my rear wheel bearing today on my 2000rs, and the kuckle that the bearing is in, broke in two! I can only find a 1996 legacy knuckle, hub, bearing assembly on ebay and seller states that it fits impreza up to 1999 with abs, will it fit my rs?? please any info would be greatly appreciated as i am trying to purchase this right now. thanks

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
I believe in 00 on the impreza they changed the ABS to be on on the axle instead of the hub, so no it wont work, since the legacy has the older style. however, they may have changed it in 01, on the impreza, in which case you'd be ok. someone could chime in and verify

·
Registered
2013 FR-S
2,116 Posts
I used leggy hubs on my L, should bolt up fine. For those that don't have ABS just snip the sensor wire. The sensors on mine were corroded to the hub from being left there and we stripped them out trying to remove them. Clipped the wire and problem solved. :)

IIRC the Legacy hubs have roller bearings instead of ball bearings so they should be more resistant to bearing failure as well. :)

Nathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.