Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1996 GC8 white JDM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a 1996 GC8 wrx import with blown engine, Bought a new motor 1995 EJ20 (think its from a legacy) swoped engine over fitted the GC8 engine loom swop sensors to match loom, Fitted new battery, new gaskets, etc etc filled it with oil, coolant tried starting to no avail!!

Things im unsure of......

1. couldn't get wrx crank/cam sensor out of old block so used legacy version on 95 block (wires are different colours)
wrx sensor is BLUE WHITE STRIPE BLUE BLACK STRIPE
legacy sensor is WHITE RED
also just tightened it up didn't torque it to correct amount

2. there is a blue connecter on the GC8 loom that was connected to some sort of sensor under left side of the inlet (under power steering servo) new 1995 engine has nothing to connect it too

The car is getting fuel took the fuel inlet pipe off and can hear the fuel pump wurling up

its turning but just not even trying to start (no spark)??

Any help please guys....................:help:

·
Registered
1996 GC8 white JDM
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm only gussing at it being a legacy after seeing a picture of a crank/cam sensor that said it was a legacy one.

on my gc8 loom the wire is part of the loom with a plug on the end, But the crank/cam sensor that came with the 1995 engine has its own wire 20" long with a plug on the end, so what I did was cut the wire off the 95 sensor leaving about 4" of the cable then cut the plug off the gc8 wire and joined them together, Tried both ways round i.e white to blue/white line and red to blue/black line then the other way but its not working....

ENGINE SPEC IS:
Z4 ECU
TDO5H TURBO
FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
4" STRAIGHT THOUGH EXHAUST
DE-CAT
CUSTOM MANIFOLD
DUMP VALVE
EXEEDY CLUTCH
RUNNING @ 1.2BAR

Tried using the inbuilt diagnostics by plugging together the green and black connectors but all that is happing is the fuel pump makes a noise then each fan turns on and there is a clicking noise coming from the boost solenoid???

So I guess my question is will that crank/cam sensor work with my loom/ecu?? and after knowing there is fuel going in what is the best way to test/check it im getting a spark??

(no its not twin turbo mate)

Thanks for your replies guys...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts