Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saddens me to be making this post, but unfortunately life changes and with that I had to make a decision about this car. Purchased in rolling from another user here about a year and a half ago in Idaho, it made its way back to Washington where I've slowly stripped in down to a bare shell on the weekends. Plans to build my first rally car had to be sidelined with a decision to move down to California in the coming months.

Shell is being as-is with both doors (manual), trunk lid, and front fenders. Rear bumper is available but is beat up. Shell will be sold mounted to a custom, one-off rotisserie for transportation and further work on the chassis. Shell comes with a clean title in hand.

What has been done so far:
  • All the work no one really wants to do when prepping a shell. The biggest part was removal of every last trace of sound deadening on the inside, outside, and underside of the shell. In additional, much of the seam sealer has been removed in preparation for stitch welding of the entire shell.
  • Spare tire tray was finely cut out in preparation for an updated spare tire mount that better suited stage rally (updated tray has not been fabbed or installed at this time).
  • Brackets and superfluous plates have been removed throughout the interior, transmission tunnel, seat belt brackets, etc.
  • Have done my best to remove every single last plastic bracket, clip, plug, etc. from the entire shell.
  • Front radiator support and both front left and right arches have been removed in preparation for a simplified tube front-end for rally and the front section of the wheel arches has been removed to be replaced with kevlar composite liners to further reduce weight in the front of the shell.
  • Previous owner had cut several holes, with what appears to be an angle grinder (visible in photos), in the firewall to install a GD HVAC unit .
  • Front, rear, and quarter windows were all removed.
  • A note regarding removal of panels and brackets: Everything I have removed from the car, besides the spare tire tray, was properly drilled out using a spot weld drill tool. This was partially in an attempt to retain the quality of the shell, but also allows it to be returned to stock form if one had the necessary panels.
A little bit more about the car:
  • It has an unknown number of miles on it, but looks as if it has been well kept over the years. Since owning the car, it has remained in a garage.
  • Paint is in fair condition, but with a day of cutting compound and polish, you could likely restore the paint. However a dent on the left quarter resulted in exposed metal which eventually began to rust. At the time of purchasing the car, I sanded the section down (appeared to only be on the surface with some light pitting starting to occur), and finished it with a rattle can sealer primer.
  • Minor dents, dings, and scratches can be seen around the car, but all seem repairable, though a respray or wrap (especially if plans remain to race the car) is recommended.
  • Only other sign of rust on the car was on the battery tray (has been removed). Rust had started to creep onto the left frame rail, but has been treated as well.
With all that said and the prep work that has gone into the shell to get it ready for a cage and further prep to rally, drift, autoX, and beyond, I'm placing the price at $1200OBO. I'm open to all reasonable offers. No trades.

Please keep thread limited to questions and for serious inquiries, comment PMd, then further discussion can be had over private message. More photos upon request.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, I hadn’t seen this. Will get additional photos of the firewall in the morning and post them up.
Saddens me to be making this post, but unfortunately life changes and with that I had to make a decision about this car. Purchased in rolling from another user here about a year and a half ago in Idaho, it made its way back to Washington where I've slowly stripped in down to a bare shell on the weekends. Plans to build my first rally car had to be sidelined with a decision to move down to California in the coming months.

Shell is being as-is with both doors (manual), trunk lid, and front fenders. Rear bumper is available but is beat up. Shell will be sold mounted to a custom, one-off rotisserie for transportation and further work on the chassis. Shell comes with a clean title in hand.

What has been done so far:
  • All the work no one really wants to do when prepping a shell. The biggest part was removal of every last trace of sound deadening on the inside, outside, and underside of the shell. In additional, much of the seam sealer has been removed in preparation for stitch welding of the entire shell.
  • Spare tire tray was finely cut out in preparation for an updated spare tire mount that better suited stage rally (updated tray has not been fabbed or installed at this time).
  • Brackets and superfluous plates have been removed throughout the interior, transmission tunnel, seat belt brackets, etc.
  • Have done my best to remove every single last plastic bracket, clip, plug, etc. from the entire shell.
  • Front radiator support and both front left and right arches have been removed in preparation for a simplified tube front-end for rally and the front section of the wheel arches has been removed to be replaced with kevlar composite liners to further reduce weight in the front of the shell.
  • Previous owner had cut several holes, with what appears to be an angle grinder (visible in photos), in the firewall to install a GD HVAC unit .
  • Front, rear, and quarter windows were all removed.
  • A note regarding removal of panels and brackets: Everything I have removed from the car, besides the spare tire tray, was properly drilled out using a spot weld drill tool. This was partially in an attempt to retain the quality of the shell, but also allows it to be returned to stock form if one had the necessary panels.
A little bit more about the car:
  • It has an unknown number of miles on it, but looks as if it has been well kept over the years. Since owning the car, it has remained in a garage.
  • Paint is in fair condition, but with a day of cutting compound and polish, you could likely restore the paint. However a dent on the left quarter resulted in exposed metal which eventually began to rust. At the time of purchasing the car, I sanded the section down (appeared to only be on the surface with some light pitting starting to occur), and finished it with a rattle can sealer primer.
  • Minor dents, dings, and scratches can be seen around the car, but all seem repairable, though a respray or wrap (especially if plans remain to race the car) is recommended.
  • Only other sign of rust on the car was on the battery tray (has been removed). Rust had started to creep onto the left frame rail, but has been treated as well.
With all that said and the prep work that has gone into the shell to get it ready for a cage and further prep to rally, drift, autoX, and beyond, I'm placing the price at $1200OBO. I'm open to all reasonable offers. No trades.

Please keep thread limited to questions and for serious inquiries, comment PMd, then further discussion can be had over private message. More photos upon request.

Is it still available!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts