Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
started to put the wide body on. then work and weather stopped me

had to swap out the cusco out for a stock diff because it was not lined up correctly..

what a change so far

the first 90 mile trip was a success minus a few hiccups... forgot to put the ground back on the battery.. and forgot to tighten the pos terminal...... other then that need to tackle the rest of the wiring ... reverse and the fuel wires. they tend to work when they want too

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
very nice. For the drivers front fender, was the part that bolts up inside the engine bay crooked? or the middle tab on the inside door? I'm wondering if heat gunning mine will bring it back into shape
yeah i had to cut it off I'm going to replace it with a metal one

·
Registered
231 Posts
yeah i had to cut it off I'm going to replace it with a metal one
I was thinking about cutting the metal portion of the old fender, cut off the "bad' tabs on the B22 fender and epoxy it on.

The rear QP seems to be the problem though. My paint guy said its obviously gonna stick out where the door jamb is and even if you space out the door, it might cause leaks when it rains. I asked if he could cut it back maybe 3 inches and blend into the panel but thats a **** ton of filler and he said it would crack.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
I was thinking about cutting the metal portion of the old fender, cut off the "bad' tabs on the B22 fender and epoxy it on.

The rear QP seems to be the problem though. My paint guy said its obviously gonna stick out where the door jamb is and even if you space out the door, it might cause leaks when it rains. I asked if he could cut it back maybe 3 inches and blend into the panel but thats a **** ton of filler and he said it would crack.
yeah that would be a lotta filler.. i don't mind the rivet look

How is the wagon coming along in the garage?
stand still. i have basically every thing.. just need a few days to assemble

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
did some stuff

tomorrow ill cut the extra off and fill in the larger gaps with some spray foam and add more tiger hair. then wide body.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
Be sure to protect the spray foam from water 100% It will absorb it and cause accelerated rot.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,795 Posts
That should work. I used roll on bedliner which worked really well. Inside the trunk I used spray on duplicolor bedliner and that stuff ate through the foam like woah especially the 'Bed Armor'

161 - 180 of 613 Posts