Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 60 of 599 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,770 Posts
In the picture of the AWD swap parts why are there two sets of rear calipers?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
in other news...

i will be picking up some DCCD

and helical dif for the 4.444 tranny....

I'm super interested in the economics of this operation. Seems it would be far more expensive to piece things together than just buy the trans you want. Killer deals or any other particular reason you are converting a trans and upgrading the front diff instead of just buying a trans with the features you want?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm super interested in the economics of this operation. Seems it would be far more expensive to piece things together than just buy the trans you want. Killer deals or any other particular reason you are converting a trans and upgrading the front diff instead of just buying a trans with the features you want?
im picking up the 4.444 fozzy tranny for $100 and the rest of the bits are I'm getting for a deal compared to what they normally are.... as far as i know the 5 speed never cam with helical front diff and i got a cusco 2 way diff for about half of the cost of new

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
im picking up the 4.444 fozzy tranny for $100 and the rest of the bits are I'm getting for a deal compared to what they normally are.... as far as i know the 5 speed never cam with helical front diff and i got a cusco 2 way diff for about half of the cost of new
2800 5 speeds got a helical front diff. I have one of them. 2500 came on the STI RA Limited Edition, and all 300 of the S201's had the same transmission with the front LSD. I got mine from that secret place I told you about Ian. I got pretty lucky to find my trans.

Also, another option is to get the front LSD out of a sti 6 speed, and machine a little material off both ends, after it will fit in a 5 speed case. nice low budget solution (if you know what you are doing).

A local friend of mine has built a handful of transmissions for locals. He built himself a sti front diff, RA dccd, and PPG straight cut gears with the Group N ratio's, 5 speed. He's sourcing a ej207. He said he wants to beat me next year for the Detroit Region, SCCA MA rallycross championship. I just hope he goes to Nationals with me next year to whoop on some Evo's.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
You could also get a helical front diff on the Version IV RA trans and also a couple different JDM legacies.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
2800 5 speeds got a helical front diff. I have one of them. 2500 came on the STI RA Limited Edition, and all 300 of the S201's had the same transmission with the front LSD. I got mine from that secret place I told you about Ian. I got pretty lucky to find my trans.

Also, another option is to get the front LSD out of a sti 6 speed, and machine a little material off both ends, after it will fit in a 5 speed case. nice low budget solution (if you know what you are doing).

A local friend of mine has built a handful of transmissions for locals. He built himself a sti front diff, RA dccd, and PPG straight cut gears with the Group N ratio's, 5 speed. He's sourcing a ej207. He said he wants to beat me next year for the Detroit Region, SCCA MA rallycross championship. I just hope he goes to Nationals with me next year to whoop on some Evo's.
You could also get a helical front diff on the Version IV RA trans and also a couple different JDM legacies.
thanks for the info.. and kick some ass!

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
Just try and stay away from the ap surtrac for dirt use, those things act weird. And don't really transfer torque if a wheel comes off the ground.

41 - 60 of 599 Posts