Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 613 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
the stiffs were added for cool factor? scene points? and the wing only mounts via 2 screws per side. i tried to flatten the bottom out some but its meant for a curved trunk

I see. I had the idea that they mightve been added to stop any sort of side to side motion the wing might have if not-all the bolt down locations were used.

Still great...hopefully someone markets a wing adapter

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hey, it's Ian's build thread!
Sub'd for the AWD swap.

You choose a radiator yet?

-Scott B.
HI Scott! awd swap i hope in aug / sept

have not picked a rad yet.. prob gunna run the megan or mishimoto

I hear the mishimoto warranty is pretty good...
IF you are the go purchaser .. i got my rad second hand

I see. I had the idea that they mightve been added to stop any sort of side to side motion the wing might have if not-all the bolt down locations were used.

Still great...hopefully someone markets a wing adapter
I did add to stop the wing bouncing but 80% WRC factor

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So this happened last night.

the swiping starts at some point next month... should be a fun swap.... 4.444 transmission, cusco 2 way diff, 2015 sti steering rack (13:1), 4/2 pots, 40mm wide body, method MR502... yessssss

End goals plus my sports bumper and in minty green!

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
Sh1ts getting real Ian!

Sounds A LOT like my car, just prettier. You have a DCCD 5 speed or just a 4.44?

·
Registered
13 RAV4,'00 RS SRP,'00 S10
73 Posts
Car looks amazing now in my opinion. Can't even fathom how great it'll be when all this other stuff is done to it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sh1ts getting real Ian!

Sounds A LOT like my car, just prettier. You have a DCCD 5 speed or just a 4.44?
Wow what Scott said!
Car looks amazing now in my opinion. Can't even fathom how great it'll be when all this other stuff is done to it.
thanks gents. its getting a fuzzy 4.444 for now.. till i can find a dccd 4.444 it does look good meow.. but I'm more of a function guy and it is not functioning the way i want it too...(auto fwd....ewww)

did plugs, wires and a fuel filter today

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
thanks gents. its getting a fuzzy 4.444 for now.. till i can find a dccd 4.444 it does look good meow.. but I'm more of a function guy and it is not functioning the way i want it too...(auto fwd....ewww)

did plugs, wires and a fuel filter today
I know where you can get a dccd 5 speed for $850 to your door, message me to unlock my secrets.

21 - 40 of 613 Posts