Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

181 - 200 of 599 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Finally got time to use the real camera
Fantatsic. say what are you doing for the rear suspension and wheel/rim specs?

I've got GD LCA's up front, stock RS trailing arms at the rear and plan to run something like 17x8.5 +35 but im considering on using GD rear/axles and trailing arms

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Fantatsic. say what are you doing for the rear suspension and wheel/rim specs?

I've got GD LCA's up front, stock RS trailing arms at the rear and plan to run something like 17x8.5 +35 but im considering on using GD rear/axles and trailing arms
Trailing arms are all the same...
I have currently god speed lat links and Megan racing trailing arms. I have 02 wrx struts and springs. Have yet to install my sway bars. My wheel set up is the method mr502 15x6 et15 on 195/65R15 winters

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
for giggles i test fit my broken sports bumper.

bought my wife a steering wheel for xmas

had a whoopsie to fast in to a sharp corner and black ice. DID not touch the hood WOOT! did how ever touch the fender, bumper, head light and marker light...

finally got a good dumping

also happy new year!!!

·
Registered
EJ205 1996 Brighton coupe
663 Posts
Hey Ian, Those wide front fender, did they feel like they weighed the same or more then stock steel fenders?

ps, sorry about you fender/wheel man.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
The aftermarket steel replacement ones feel the lightest to me maybe equal to my fiberglass fenders. Maybe Ill weigh them, maybe I wont.

·
Registered
663 Posts
What brand fenders do you guys have? Ian, Nike, bue car?

I'm planning to run a cheap wide front fender on my next car, and hopefully get away with rolling the rear quarters.

·
Registered
The subaru of many acronyms
1,918 Posts
I've got doluck 3cm blister fenders cheapo replacement and oem ones. Although the fiberglass fenders are light I don't think there's much to be gained. Maybe a pound or two between them. If say keep stock fenders and put the money towards an oem aluminum hood rather than the fiberglass/carbon crap hoods. The Alu will be lighter.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I've got doluck 3cm blister fenders cheapo replacement and oem ones. Although the fiberglass fenders are light I don't think there's much to be gained. Maybe a pound or two between them. If say keep stock fenders and put the money towards an oem aluminum hood rather than the fiberglass/carbon crap hoods. The Alu will be lighter.
I really want/need wide front fenders to prevent rubbing when racing. So if the cheapo wide fenders weigh similar to steel, that is awesome.

Aluminum hoods are awesome, but for the $500 price, I'll stick to my crappy fiberglass/CF hood, or I'll gut a steel one. I'm sure I crush a few hoods in the coming years, so I'd rather not spend good money on a nice hood.

Sorry for the thread-jacking Ian. Back to coupe talk everyone!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
welp i was a dumb ass and did not reseal the oil pan when I had the chance too.. and now I has a major leak and a knock! plus side is 251 upgrade.... so that will be happening as soon as I can get to NH area to get the motor and wire lume and ecu.... yay power.... booo cold swaps

181 - 200 of 599 Posts