Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figure I would open a members journal for my new car. :)

No wild and crazy plans for this car as its going to serve as a daily driver. Just keeping things clean and sorting out a basic/budget audio system for enjoyment purposes. :)

More picture to come once the car arrives!

·
'MURRICA!
Hybrid Camry
5,702 Posts
I nearly bought one of these before I bought my first scooby. Toyota nearly ruined my whole subaru experience...

They are sweet cars though!

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heh, love the funny comments.

One more picture for now:

Anyone have any good suggestions for replacement headlights? If I recall these come with 4" x 6" sealed units. Was contemplating done H4's in a non sealed housing?

Mobile

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've since picked out speakers for the fronts, but am still undecided for rear speakers. Front speakers are Alpine SPX-107R:

More to come in the following week.

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,010 Posts
Here's my old car and my friends wayyyyy back i think in 07 when i first got into cars. He always wanted to do the JDM all-trac swap that was in these chassis. He ended lowering it, wheels, turbo'd.... Sorry to bomb your thread :lol:

Just love celica's! How quick is your car, i always wondered?

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's my old car and my friends wayyyyy back i think in 07 when i first got into cars. He always wanted to do the JDM all-trac swap that was in these chassis. He ended lowering it, wheels, turbo'd.... Sorry to bomb your thread :lol:

Just love celica's! How quick is your car, i always wondered?

Nice pic! Which car? I don't have the Alltrac in my posession just yet, and I've been troubleshooting it long distance as it cranks, but won't start at the moment... :sick: With no tools in the car, there is only so much that can be done...

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ohhh i see. Well hope you get it running!

Me too! My father is driving the car back to CO for me and it stopped near Barstow I think. Initially sounded like it was out of fuel, but I'm starting to question the 24 year old electrical system. Truth be told the engine was overhauled less than 4K miles ago and is in great shape... It has to be something really simple like a fuse or something.

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the car lives! Issue is one of a few things: Fuel pump was replaced improperly, and only goes to half the tank. Or the fuel pump relay is on its way out! I'm going with the assumption that the fuel pump relay is failing and some cool down time helped it click back to life once more. Going to replace it anyways just in case.

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok! I have the car in my possession finally!

Drives great for the age/condition. Needs a few simple things to be up to par at the moment though.

First and foremost: The under-hood support bracing needs to be re-adhered to the hood skin. This rattles when at idle and drives me crazy!

Next up is a rear hatch rattle. There is a TSB from Toyota to replace the latch mechanism and a few rubber bump stops. Hopefully this car still falls within the 'they service it for free' category.

Finally, the stereo needs installation! I gotta wait for a few more misc items to arrive (speakers) before I get this started. Besides the headunit I am bargain hunting on Ebay to keep costs down. No reason to go wild and crazy with this, but I want something half-way respectable when I'm finished. :)

I'm going out for some pictures! Should have em up tonight!

·
Banned
4,438 Posts
Congrats! used to have one of these a while ago, same year, but dark blue. Was part of my rally phase lol with the RS, and a GVR4 all at the same time. Easy cars to mod as far as engine goes, suspension was at that time damn near impossible to source, ended up dealing with people in Europe. Pray you don't have to do a clutch! Amazing cars in the snow BTW and the definition of a sleeper

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, parts availability is pretty low these days, but I'm not too afraid of having to fabricate something from scratch if I have to. Awesome assortment of cars you had there!

Another issue with the car is the engine/turbo is super laggy. Combinded with the 7800' in elevation, I'm pretty sure the reason behind this is some clogged cats.

When I was out running a few errands I snapped a few pics with my cell phone (as I forgot the memory card on the good camera.)

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
In preparation for the audio system, here are some pictures of the interior:

I'm thinking of removing the spare tire and doing a false floor that is a few inches higher than the surrounding area. This will provide room for the sub enclosure and possibly an amp. Going to keep this as utilitarian as possible so the plan is to include a few tie down fixtures for strapping cargo into the hatch area.

And here is the top of the rear speaker area. Speaker faces the rear hatch and trim. Still contemplating the rear sound stage, and whether or not to go with component speakers or coaxial.

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are a few pictures of whats going into the car:
CD player: Kenwood kdc-bt948hd

Front Speakers: Alpine spx-107r

To take care of the lower frequencies, an 8" JBL GTO sub.

Still need to decide upon a 5ch amp and rear speakers.

As such, please feel free to make suggestions! I am bargain shopping for refurbished/used components on this stuff to keep costs down.

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I did a quick test fit of my Enkei rims. Suffice to say the offset isn't quite right and to top it off, the tire rub against the strut housing ever so slightly. Half-way considering selling these for something else...

What do you think of these rims on this car? Keep em, or go with something different?

1 - 20 of 183 Posts