Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked this car up not really knowing what I would actually do with it but for $400 I thought it'd be fun to mess around with. The car sat since 2007 but started right up for the most part, tires are pretty much brand new, original radio works, and the dash and door cards are in immaculate shape.

My friend who needed a car saw it and fell in love and I guess I found a buyer for it. We both have plans for it

Attachments

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As of now the engine has been devac'd so all the 80's emissions equipment is gone and all that's left is a tiny carburetor and a jet controller, the valve seals are fine at idle but under load there's a bit of smoke.

I found the rear speaker mounts and grills at the pick your part so those are in place ready for a sound system.

I got all the indicators and lights working all that's needed is to get some R12 in the ac which almost works other than the refrigerant.

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
355 Posts
Redpepperracing is the forum you need to visit for the 1g CRX. I've owned many of them. If the front plastic fenders and plastic header panel are in good shape without any cracks you're in really good shape. Easy swap is to convert to a D15a3 Si engine or the dohc 86-87 integra engine. It's a fun car. I have an 87 CRX Si in my garage too.

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Redpepperracing is the forum you need to visit for the 1g CRX. I've owned many of them. If the front plastic fenders and plastic header panel are in good shape without any cracks you're in really good shape. Easy swap is to convert to a D15a3 Si engine or the dohc 86-87 integra engine. It's a fun car. I have an 87 CRX Si in my garage too.
Yup, definitely been spending alot of time on redpepper! For the motor swap we're still working out the details but it will definitely happen later down the line.

Did you keep the D15 in your SI?

·
Wiring Guru
01 RS, 97 Ducati
355 Posts
In the current car it's all stock with the exception of period correct bolt ons. Others had brown top, black top, single cam ZC and B series swaps in them. Some were street cars and some were Honda Challenge racecars. I have a sweet spot for the old torsion bar cars

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car still runs surprisingly! It has been oil starved, overheated, and driven hard but still keeps going. I did a very half assed head rebuild and my friend lost the timing cover so when I retimed the motor it was definitely off by a bit I still managed to get ignition timing to an acceptable range. A trip to the junkyard yielded us a timing cover and a proper cam pulley. The car is now properly timed and I have vacuum advance working as well. It will work until a ZC swap comes along.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts