Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
yes, yes. to obi-wan (puckaveli) you listen! he's right. you need seat time, not suspension parts. you just started doing this and it takes a long time to get good at it, espeacially if you're in a competitive region (trust me, i know :rolleyes: ) i get smoked every event by (at least ;) ) an Olds Acheiva (GS). do you really think its the car? no, its the damn good driver. its been 2 years for me and i'm only now starting to run high in class and PAX. my first few events were horrible, but i realized it was my driving and not the car. unless you are running very consistant times, then the driving needs to be improved first. if you keep changing the car, its going to make it that much more difficult to learn how to drive it.

my 2¢

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
FTD=Fastest Time of the Day

the way i learned to left foot brake was, when i was on my way home late at night so there was no other traffic, i would use my left foot to brake as i approached stops. the first few times were rather bone jarring, but you get used to it. now its no big thing. that being said, i only use it on loose surfaces, and then its not so much for slowing the car as it is for steering. if its a really slow corner (i.e. needs a downshift) i will brake with my right foot so that i can heel-toe, and then just trail brake really heavily to rotate the car. of course, now that i have rally tires, i don't need to slide the car as much :D in auto-x, i always right foot brake.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
just thought i'd throw this out

i talked to Matt Grainger (nationally competitive ITR guy here) this weekend about LFB. he said that sometimes he would use it in a slolam, modulating back and forth between the two pedals to keep the car balanced and at just the right speed, but that's about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.