Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1821 - 1832 of 1832 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe - BRP
253 Posts
Was flipping through your earlier posts, what's happening here with the STI shift plate\trim? looks like you fab'd up a base for it out of something as well. Neat idea, what model year is that trim from (it seems shorter than what I remember them being, in length )??

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,824
Was flipping through your earlier posts, what's happening here with the STI shift plate\trim? looks like you fab'd up a base for it out of something as well. Neat idea, what model year is that trim from (it seems shorter than what I remember them being, in length )??
Yeah it was a custom one off I made. I got rid of it when I got the blue Type RA trim. That particualr sti trim is off the 02-04 STi(either JDM for the 02/03 or the 2004 USDM STi).

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,825 (Edited)
I aquired a 2005 STi on the cheap with quite a few cool parts on it. Two being a prodrive oil cap and battery tiedown. I have wanted a set of them for a whilke but could never justify the price that they are demanding now since they are getting rare nowadays.

The tie down I thought was going to be a total loss unfortunatly due to battery acid corrosion :cry:

But to my surprise it cleaned up really well with just baking soda water and a brass bristled brush.

It did take a little damage from the battery acid, but not really all that bad to be honest. I was plesantly surprised.

Engine bay needs a wash... but here they are installed!

I may end up adding a mesh on the back side of the hood vents, I'd hate to have my oil cap stolen if I ever park the car in a parking lot.

Now do I fill in the PRODRIVE logos with the classic prodrive sky blue and black?

·
Premium Member
1999 RBP RS
1,161 Posts
One thread I don't feel so far behind on! Been enjoying the IG updates and great to read up and on the fine tuned details. Congrats on the documentaries and highlights! Well deserved for sure.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,830 (Edited)
One thread I don't feel so far behind on! Been enjoying the IG updates and great to read up and on the fine tuned details. Congrats on the documentaries and highlights! Well deserved for sure.
Thanks! IG makes it easy to post pics but you dont get the depth like you can get on here, which is why I <3 the forums still.

Speaking of which, I took the car out for some fun on Ortega Hwy last weekend and got some pretty cool shots up here. No too shabby for a phone camera.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,831 (Edited)
Oh and a couple of the DD project(got offered way too much money for the RSX Type S to not sell it, so off it went and I built the worst car ever made according to Doug de Muro. Clearly he doesnt know what he's talking about because this thing is awesome.

I can't ever leave anything stock, as a result of that; currently the DD is faster than the STi...:eek:

Its not my fault its easier to make power with a twin turbo V6 vs a 4 banger lol!

1821 - 1832 of 1832 Posts