Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1821 - 1828 of 1828 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.5RS Coupe - BRP
252 Posts
Was flipping through your earlier posts, what's happening here with the STI shift plate\trim? looks like you fab'd up a base for it out of something as well. Neat idea, what model year is that trim from (it seems shorter than what I remember them being, in length )??

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,824
Was flipping through your earlier posts, what's happening here with the STI shift plate\trim? looks like you fab'd up a base for it out of something as well. Neat idea, what model year is that trim from (it seems shorter than what I remember them being, in length )??
Yeah it was a custom one off I made. I got rid of it when I got the blue Type RA trim. That particualr sti trim is off the 02-04 STi(either JDM for the 02/03 or the 2004 USDM STi).

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,825 (Edited)
I aquired a 2005 STi on the cheap with quite a few cool parts on it. Two being a prodrive oil cap and battery tiedown. I have wanted a set of them for a whilke but could never justify the price that they are demanding now since they are getting rare nowadays.

The tie down I thought was going to be a total loss unfortunatly due to battery acid corrosion :cry:

But to my surprise it cleaned up really well with just baking soda water and a brass bristled brush.

It did take a little damage from the battery acid, but not really all that bad to be honest. I was plesantly surprised.

Engine bay needs a wash... but here they are installed!

I may end up adding a mesh on the back side of the hood vents, I'd hate to have my oil cap stolen if I ever park the car in a parking lot.

Now do I fill in the PRODRIVE logos with the classic prodrive sky blue and black?

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,827
The guys who made the Between the Lines Subaru documentary asked to do a feature with my car for their Rollers YouTube series. They just released the video yesterday. I love how it came out!

1821 - 1828 of 1828 Posts