Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1801 - 1820 of 1841 Posts

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,801 ·
we also went out to another private track day at WSIR with a Shelby GT500 club. Was really awesome since it was a small goup so it felt like I had teh track to myself most of the time. I got 80 laps in burning 45 gallons of E85 in the process over the whole day which was pretty awesome.

The only bad thing was I pretty much bunred though those Nankang AR-1s. I got a total of 160 laps at WSIR and two sessions at Button willow out of them which wasnt too bad honestly. I think I'll be trying the new Falken RT660s next.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,802 ·
I went exploring around some of the side roads off of Ortega Hwy and came across a couple guys taking photos of their cars Civic Type R and a BRZ. I saw that they had the Global time attack door number decal so I stopped and chatted with them as they were fellow track racers. They loved the GC and took some photos and sent them to me which was cool.

All the sudden the fog really rolled in on us.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,803 ·
I also found a set of wheels that I really want but but they are $$$$ and I am trying to save for a house so I know I shouldn't.

They are wheels off a Aston Martin GT4; Magnesium OZ super turismo in 5x114.3 18x10 +45 weighing in at 10kg each. Pretty much the perfect size for the widebody and period correct for a 1999 WRC style Impreza but able to fit wide tires unline the 8" WRC wheels.

I might just have to say screw it and get them, they are beautiful.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,107 Posts
Your and bucky's cars together is so badass. The dry carbon door sills, I'd definitely buy a set for my wagon if you made a few for the sedan/wagon. 45 gallons e85 and a set of tires sounds like one hell of a day.

Keep up living the life.

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,805 ·
Your and bucky's cars together is so badass. The dry carbon door sills, I'd definitely buy a set for my wagon if you made a few for the sedan/wagon. 45 gallons e85 and a set of tires sounds like one hell of a day.

Keep up living the life.
Thanks dude! Regarding the dry carbon door sills, I'll see about making some sets for the sedan and wagon.

·
Premium Member
98 2.5RS - V2 WRX Swap
1,669 Posts
I say get the wheels! Those look badass...and what's the likelihood of finding another set?

Also, I'd probably be down for a set of coupe door sills...

·
2.5RSMatt
204 Posts
I say get the wheels for track purpose but hold onto those goldies for the future. You've done a phenomenal job with this car, well played.

·
Registered
00'RS w/EJ20 swap, 13'Volt, 06' Frontier
995 Posts
45 gallons of E85. holy smokes. that would have been like 45 gallons of oil for me

·
Premium Member
96 Impreza Coupe
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,816 ·
I felt like I would burn a 1/2 gallon a lap at Willow Springs in my rotated days
Well, by the math; WSIR is 2.5 miles per lap. I did 80 laps so 45 gallons divided by 200 miles is 4.44 MPG. So yeah I pretty much was burning a 1/2 gallon per lap...

1801 - 1820 of 1841 Posts